What's new

Simpsons Persian jar 2 shedding?

I purchased the Persian Jar 1 in 2-band directly from Simpsons a few weeks ago. I loved it so much I had to order it in 3-band super. So yesterday I received a Persian Jar 2 and used it today. It lost several hairs and concerns me because no other Simpsons or Thater ever shed any hairs on my first use, except Chubby 2s, and they just continued to lose hairs every shave. How long should it continue to lose hairs before I return it? How many do you guys think is normal? Thanks

This week I had my initial shaves with an X1 2 Band Silvertip and a DUKE 3 Manchurian.
The X1 lost none the Duke 3 hairs that were obviously loose (folded in half) in the knot.
My other Simpsons (Captain 2 Best, Special Pure, Eagle G3 Pure and T3) lost maybe 3-5 hairs altogether over the last year. If it doesn’t stop within the next 2-3 shaves I would contact the seller.
15E42397-F991-4709-95F3-6C92916079E2.jpeg

A little bit of shedding initially is normal. Give it some time. If it just never stops shedding then you have a problem.

Yeah, I’ve read that it’s normal but I’ve bought many Simpsons brushes without any shedding at all. I guess my experiences with the Chubby 2 brushes (3) of them have me sensitive to it. My last two, both a super and a best never stopped shedding but only got worse. By the time I got around to contacting both the vendor and Simpsons I couldn’t get any help. Now they are in the basement storage and I’m still upset whenever I think about them. So much money wasted! Thanks

I don’t have a lot of experience with Simpsons, but of the four I’ve owned the Persian was a terrible shedder. I had it too long to ask for a replacement- finally binned it.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have a few Simpson Brushes that I have bought but mine have been purchased through third parties. I would contact Simpson and just ask the question directly to them.

If your brush rotation is small you can easily get 30 or more shaves with the brush in a year. If your rotation has more brushes you may only get 10 to 20. Simpsons I. My experience first want you to clean and comb the brush to see if that solves the problem. If it doesn’t, they will replace a shedder so long as it is not more than a year old.

With a large rotation your uses will be more limited. My Major super is exclusively a travel brush. It developed a shedding problem after about 30 shaves but more than a year after purchase and I am out of luck. I was informed that the warranty period had ended.

Simpson brushes can be great, but if you get a shedder it needs to be addressed promptly or you can be stuck.

Some great advice above!

I would use the brush often during the next month or so. Hopefully, this is a temporary issue. If not, then contact Simpsons. Best of luck!

I’ll use it again tomorrow, I will give it a chance. I’ve always heard that shedding a few hairs on the first shave is not unusual. I’ve been pretty lucky, except for my bad luck with three Chubby 2s.

I've had great luck with my PJ2, I think I've only ever seen a single fiber, maybe 2 ever fall out in the time I've had it. Perhaps just a defective one on your end?

After the second shave if it continues to concern you I would contact Simpson so you have documentation from the beginning. Just state your concern & you wanting them to be aware from the beginning that you are concerned about it. Let them know that you will continue to use it & watch it, & communicate with them as to how it is breaking in & getting the loose hairs worked out. I hope as you use it more the shedding stops, but I believe early documentation & communication is essential in case the issue never resolves itself & you need to request the vendor to make it right.

After the second shave if it continues to concern you I would contact Simpson so you have documentation from the beginning. Just state your concern & you wanting them to be aware from the beginning that you are concerned about it. Let them know that you will continue to use it & watch it, & communicate with them as to how it is breaking in & getting the loose hairs worked out. I hope as you use it more the shedding stops, but I believe early documentation & communication is essential in case the issue never resolves itself & you need to request the vendor to make it right.

good advice, thanks!

My one and only Simpson Super is a T1 and it is STUFFED with super fine hair. Use it hard for a week, if it doesn't settle let Mark know (use the sales@ address not the online form). He might have you use it a bit longer but he'll make it right.

2nd shave today. it only lost one hair while I was building my lather. It seemed to be already loose. I’m very much encouraged by this, and very pleased with this brush. Great face feel!
good to hear you guys have confidence in Mark. I had nothing but headaches with all three of my Chubby 2s. Two I still have that lose so many hairs that it ruins my shaves. Great face feel though. I own about a dozen different Simpsons brushes without any issues. So I really don’t think it’s me.

Top Bottom