What's new

Simpsons On Amazon

I've been very fortunate to have a large chunk of Amazon gift money fall into my lap recently. Since I've also been looking into getting a Simpson Chubby (3 in best, maybe a 2) this would be a good time to act.

The thing is, some of the prices on these are REALLY lower - like $60 lower - which makes me wonder if these are seconds, returns or if they're even authentic at all. The sellers are third party Marketplace, not Amazon, so this gives me pause too.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I've bought Simpsons on Amazon from 3rd party sellers Alrossa & Smallflower. I think West Coast Shaving sells through Amazon as well. Each of these 3 vendors sell shaving/grooming stuff as a key element in their business. I bought a Duke 3 & a Classic 1 via Amazon, both in Best, both terrific brushes. The Duke 3 was less than $90 as I recall (it was 5 or 6 years ago). They couldn't have made much profit, but the brush is legit with no blemish.

West Coast Shaving, Smallflower, and Royal Shave are all places I have bought from and ones I would trust. Any that have prime on them are under Amazon, and Amazon sticks behind the consumer. Lower prices can be because they are going to no longer carry the product. You could also convert your amazon gift card into a prepaid visa or some other prepaid credit card and buy a brush direct from a site, and might be the better way to go. Many like West Coast Shaving have discount coupon codes.

I've bought Simpsons on Amazon from 3rd party sellers Alrossa & Smallflower. I think West Coast Shaving sells through Amazon as well. Each of these 3 vendors sell shaving/grooming stuff as a key element in their business. I bought a Duke 3 & a Classic 1 via Amazon, both in Best, both terrific brushes. The Duke 3 was less than $90 as I recall (it was 5 or 6 years ago). They couldn't have made much profit, but the brush is legit with no blemish.
Thanks Owen - Alrossa is one of the vendors listed so I think I'll jump on this (Prime's 30-day return window is a plus too).
Now comes the hard part - CH3 or CH2? Best or Super badger? :001_unsur

Thanks Owen - Alrossa is one of the vendors listed so I think I'll jump on this (Prime's 30-day return window is a plus too).
Now comes the hard part - CH3 or CH2? Best or Super badger? :001_unsur

Super is denser thanks to a finer hair overall. Usually it is softer, but Best can equal it and best it slightly. Overall I’m quite fine with Best for most of my brushes unless I have to choose Super. I buy primarily used or from TSS where I can see what I’m getting ahead of time. In terms of the handle size, the CH2 is more reasonably sized if you are used to smaller brushes. Not sure how big your preference runs. At first both sizes were too large for me, sold them, and later came back to them. Frankly anything below a CH2 isn’t in my preference size. I’d suggest the CH2 in whichever hair you decide, and give it some time if you think it isn’t for you. I thought the same and eventually came back around.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I find Simpson Best far preferable to the Super which is simply too soft and lacking in backbone and face feel for my taste. Both the Chubby 2 and 3 were too large for me and I suggest the Super may bloom slightly more than the Best. There is a Chubby 1 Manchurian on sale at £199 on the Simpson site right now and that would be, and is, my choice. Enjoy your new brush👍

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have a Chubby 2 in both Best and in Super. The Super is just a little bit softer, but overall the Best just feels better. It has better backbone and presence, if such a category exists. A Chubby 3 would just be way too big for me. In fact, I only use a Chubby 2 once or twice a month when I feel the urge to use something huge and eat up a pile of soap. And in that regard, the Best just seems to satisfy me.

I have a Chubby 1 in both Best and in Manchurian. That size knot is much closer to my sweet spot. Those 2 brushes are used fairly regularly. As they say, every wet shaver needs to try a Chubby.

I've owned all 3, and the chubby 1 in super is my favorite. I face lather fwiw. They all are nice brushes though. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Chubby2.Damp.5-1-20.480.jpg

Another vote for the Chubby 2 in Best (if you get a good one).

If yours is not so good, in your view, sell it; somebody else will have a different view of it. You'll pay some "rent," but there's a market for used Simpson Chubby brushes.

Just my opinion of course.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
I purchased both of my Simpsons from Amazon, from separate sellers, and they are both great brushes. And they were both cheaper than they were everywhere else.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
So I went ahead and purchased a Chubby 3 in Best - With Prime it should be here in a couple of days.

The CH2 in Super was tempting but I guess I just wanted something with some "Oomph" to it.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and opinions, they are appreciated.

Wow...the CH3!

Pictures, etc. when appropriate.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Ive bought a few Simpsons off of Amazon and never had a complaint with them. IMO, it an item has mostly good feeback and has hundreds of reviews or more; youre probably good to go.

So I went ahead and purchased a Chubby 3 in Best - With Prime it should be here in a couple of days.

The CH2 in Super was tempting but I guess I just wanted something with some "Oomph" to it.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and opinions, they are appreciated.

Enjoy that BIG, BAD BOY!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

My Super Chubby 3 just arrived from amazon Germany today. I just couldn't resist the €206.98 price tag and there was just one item left in stock. Normally they sell for €300 which is the price for the CH3 from a marketplace seller.
It was wrapped in foil and a red box and is in mint condition. I was worried it might be a damaged item considering the price. It looks amazing and I can't wait to give it a swirl.
I wonder why the price is so low. Did amazon need to make room for other items?
Btw, on amazon usa it sold for $230 (sold out now) which is the equivalent of €207. It seems as though the price tag was set globally.
There are still two CH3 best for €132 available though.

I've bought all three of my Simpsons from West Coast Shaving.
Colonel X2L Best, Special Best, and Trafalgar T2 synthetic.
I use Amazon for a billion purchases all year long, but for all my
shaving stuff, I like to support our specialty merchants.
I buy from WCS, Maggard's, Superior Shave, Italian Barber,
Elite Razors, Timeless, Rockwell, and Stirling.
Yes, maybe a little more expensive than Amazon, but I want
to do my part to keep these specialty companies alive and vital
to our traditional shaving community.

Last edited:
Top Bottom