What's new

Simpsons Manchurian

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
So my Copper Ice Chubby 2 arrived today. This is a neat handle that changes in different lighting:

View attachment 1545057
View attachment 1545058View attachment 1545059View attachment 1545060

Did a good job on the MWF test lather (I know, there are some bubbles, not shaving with it):

View attachment 1545062

The Bloom:

View attachment 1545063

Sitting with the stablemates:

View attachment 1545064
I see that SV 2.0 brush one shelf down... <eg> Sitting on an SV wood brush stand is my guess... Did I win?

And...Lime Swirl arrived in the two band silver tip...

View attachment 1552275View attachment 1552276

Oh My God Reaction GIF

Wowza!

Congratulations!

I had the Duke 3 Manchurian and sold it, a little to much face feel for me.

I also had a SV Manchurian, and their knot is wonderful and absolutely not a Simpson’s knot.

If you really like the SV and you want a Simpson’s you should absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever go for the 2 Band Silvertip, if you like the Chubby handle just email Simpson’s and they will send you pictures of available colors.

The 2 band Silvertip will give you the softness of the Super but more backbone.

Hope that helps.

Doug
Just in case I never thanked you for the two band recommendation, thanks! It feels pretty much just like the SV knot. Perhaps that’s where the rumor of it being a Simpson’s knot came from? I did read somewhere that SV says they get their knots from another brush maker that is “well known”. 🤔

Now I've got to look at the Polo 14 in Manchurian. That's what I get for reading this thread again.

View attachment 1543721

(I'm not buying anything until I've received the upcoming plumbing bill. I'm expecting sticker shock.)

Interesting to read about how much change folks experience with Manchurians over time. My Zenith Manchurian with the copper handle is certainly the Manchurian I've used the most (of those I've purchased new). It's changed enormously. Every change has been an improvement, and it was great from the beginning.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Did you ever get the polo 14 in Manchurian - if so can you please share your thoughts?

Just in case I never thanked you for the two band recommendation, thanks! It feels pretty much just like the SV knot. Perhaps that’s where the rumor of it being a Simpson’s knot came from? I did read somewhere that SV says they get their knots from another brush maker that is “well known”. 🤔
You are quite welcome

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1689767415696.png

I have no idea how to answer you in a manner I know will be helpful.

View attachment 1504499

The SV brushes are fantastic as you said.

View attachment 1504501

I have only one Simpson Manchurian but it doesn't seem at all like the SV knots.

View attachment 1504500

Not like the Simpson Silvertip Badger (two band) either.

The SV brushes hit a sweet spot for me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

My only Simpson Manchurian is the one above.

Did you ever get the polo 14 in Manchurian - if so can you please share your thoughts?

No, I did not.

However, I have a Rudy Vey Mozingo 28 XD on order. I suppose you could call it a Polo 12 Manchurian.

I like the Simpson Manchurian, but I prefer both SV knots and Mozingo knots over it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My only Simpson Manchurian is the one above.

No, I did not (buy the Simpson Polo).

However, I have a Rudy Vey Mozingo 28 XD on order. I suppose you could call it a Polo 12 Manchurian.

I like the Simpson Manchurian, but I prefer both SV knots and Mozingo knots over it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

7-19-23,RV.ZT4.Washed.640JPG.JPG

Here is my new Rudy Vey with its Mozingo ZT4 knot. The knot is 28 mm XD or 29 mm, or both, depending on how one thinks about it.

The handle is an homage to the Simpson Polo 12.

Anyway, I'm just following up on the question someone asked me about the Polo.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom