What's new

Simpsons M7

Curious about this brush, as I see Simpsons currently is using it in their high end line of Manchurian bristles.

I enjoy small and dense brushes, like the Chubby 1 and Classic 2.

What can folk say about the density and overall features of the M7?

1609623927757.png

1609623947923.png

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
It is a fantastic brush, I think of it as a Duke 3 on a stick. For me it is the best longer handled Simpson brush and I too prefer smaller knots. I recommend the M7 without hesitation, and also the M6. I have the Duke 3 in Manchurian and only sold my M7 Manchurian because it had a lurid strawberry swirl handle which I did not care for.

I received my M7 in Best just recently and after 2 whole shaves, I can say that it has enough backbone for face lathering hard soaps and is quite dense.

I did a lot of research before buying my M7 and based on the specs, I think it is one of the best values in the Simpson lineup. I just ordered a M7 synthetic and will be adding a Manchurian M7 in the future. Perfect handle and knot for me as I face and bowl lather.

Maybe @Owen Bawn can chime in as he has more than a couple M7 brushes.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I own two M7 synthetics, two Manchurians, and one each in Best and Super. The synthetic is the best synth I own, and I've had quite a few. A little less dense than a Chubby 2 synth, but the longer handle gives the user much more control over the splay of the knot. And the tips are as soft as can be...
The Manchurians are outstanding as well. Excellent scrub, soft tips, and easy flow through. Tears up hard soaps. The Best and Super aren't all that different from each other, except that the Super has very soft tips while the Best has a bit more backbone and scrub. The M7 handle is ideal for face, mug, or bowl lathering. I mug lather and face lather, and the M7 is terrific both ways. The Best and Super go on offer from WCS several times a year, but even at full price I think they are worth what WCS charges. They're the only merchant I know of who sells the M7; otherwise, and for all synths and Manchurians, you have to buy direct from Simpsons.
Finally, I have an M6 in Manchurian. I absolutely love this little powerhouse of a brush. Simpsons' small knots are outstanding.

I own half a dozen M7’s, in Super, Best, Manchurian, and the synthetic they just listed (also got the M6 on the way). They are all fantastic. IMO the best handle Simpson has. I have copycats by other makers but the way the Simpson handle is turned is just perfection—it feels better in the hand then any other.

I think the description of them as a Duke 3 on a stick is apt—the knot isn’t exactly the same, but it’s the closest of any other model and I’be used them all.

I like it because it is great for bowl lathering which I do a lot, but it can do a face lather just fine as it’s not too large line a Polo.

One day probably end of 2021 I’ll message Mark and get a 2-band in Cobalt to round out the collection.

Regarding what’s available, if I could have only one of the ones I have so far, I’d go with the Manchurian because it just seems like it’ll last a lifetime with proper care—quite soft but with some backbone and doesn’t hog lather. But, the super is also great, soft wall of badger. And the best is great too, less dense then the super and a little scritchier, but in a good way. The hair all performs as expected if you’re familiar with each grade of Simpson’s hair, and if you are you know what’s nice about best vs super.

If you’re not sure about Manchurian, go with super. I think it may great. Or, if you love synthetics, the synth is my favorite now because Simpson synth fiber is great and paired with the best handle there is it’s unbeatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own half a dozen M7’s, in Super, Best, Manchurian, and the synthetic they just listed (also got the M6 on the way). They are all fantastic. IMO the best handle Simpson has. I have copycats by other makers but the way the Simpson handle is turned is just perfection—it feels better in the hand then any other.

I think the description of them as a Duke 3 on a stick is apt—the knot isn’t exactly the same, but it’s the closest of any other model and I’be used them all.

I like it because it is great for bowl lathering which I do a lot, but it can do a face lather just fine as it’s not too large line a Polo.

One day probably end of 2021 I’ll message Mark and get a 2-band in Cobalt to round out the collection.

Regarding what’s available, if I could have only one of the ones I have so far, I’d go with the Manchurian because it just seems like it’ll last a lifetime with proper care—quite soft but with some backbone and doesn’t hog lather. But, the super is also great, soft wall of badger. And the best is great too, less dense then the super and a little scritchier, but in a good way. The hair all performs as expected if you’re familiar with each grade of Simpson’s hair, and if you are you know what’s nice about best vs super.

If you’re not sure about Manchurian, go with super. I think it may great. Or, if you love synthetics, the synth is my favorite now because Simpson synth fiber is great and paired with the best handle there is it’s unbeatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, did you get the last Manchurian M6? I looked today and it is gone!

If so, it looks like a beauty. 👍

Owen Bawn

Hey, did you get the last Manchurian M6? I looked today and it is gone!

If so, it looks like a beauty. 👍
No I bought one back in July when they were first released- knocked me out of the monthly restraint.

EDIT_ I thought you were talking to me!

Owen Bawn

UGH!! I don’t need another brush! I don’t need another brush! :mad2:

(Too tempting!)
The M7 in Best is a 22mm knot- your "sweet spot!" We here at the Simpsons Enablers Benevolent Association have been meaning to have a word with you. We understand your recent dalliances with Shavemac knots, BigJ, and we're willing to overlook your having strayed, but enough is enough... time to come home... time for a new Simpsons.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The M7 in Best is a 22mm knot- your "sweet spot!" We here at the Simpsons Enablers Benevolent Association have been meaning to have a word with you. We understand your recent dalliances with Shavemac knots, BigJ, and we're willing to overlook your having strayed, but enough is enough... time to come home... time for a new Simpsons.

Brother Owen speaks the truth, of course; a 22mm bridges the all-important gap between useful 21mm Simpson Best Badger knots and luxurious Simpson 24mm knots.

The M7 in Best could only be viewed as a "practical necessity;" in other words, if you don't have one, you need to buy one.

It's more than paid for by simply not purchasing other, unneeded brushes.

Post pix when it arrives!

AA
Simpsons Enablers Benevolent Association
Perception Manager

I think we should change the name to Simpsons' Benevolent Enablers' Association. I, of course, will hold the "Supreme Office of the Chubby One." @Ad Astra will be the Duke Two. @EclipseRedRing will be the Emperor Three. @SharpieB will be known as the Commodore X3. @BigJ will be known as "The 57."
Who have we forgotten? We have many offices yet to fill.
We should have a Simpsons appreciation thread of some kind.

Many B&Bers are likely sick of all of the Simpson fanboy posts and thread derails. 😛

Top Bottom