What's new

Simpson's Luxury Shave creams

Hello Gents,

It looks like Simpson's have discontinued the range of shaving creams they were producing.
Shaving-cream - Luxury-shaving-creams
I think this is a shame as I found them very fine creams, easy to lather with good cushion and slickness, no drying or flaking and left my skin well moisturized with never any irritation or redness. I used the unscented, lavender and vetivert, and the peppermint and rosemary.
They're still selling the unscented at reduced price but this looks like the last of them. I've still got a few assorted tins in the drawer so I guess I'll have to make them last.
I find their skin food very good as well.

Anyone else enjoy using these creams?

cheers,

I have the Simpsons vanilla & rose, very nice, a great everyday soap, but, IMHO, not amazing.

simpson vanilla rose don mcivor hart shorty thayers czech speake 88 march 31 2015.jpg

I have three: Sandalwood, Vanilla & Rose and Lavender & Vetiver. I think they are very nice creams, and if they are indeed being discontinued it will be too bad.

I have the Simpsons vanilla & rose, very nice, a great everyday soap, but, IMHO, not amazing.

View attachment 886001
I must say Sir, your photos are quite something. Do you take them yourself? Do you mind sharing the details of your equipment - the focus and depth of field you achieve are very attractive, I would like to know how you manage this.
thank you,

Some years ago I posted a write-up on this wonderful product, it is here Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
Thank you Marko, I'd missed this post. I think you agree that Simpsons's Luxury Shave creams are a very fine product? I am sorry to see them go, I did my best to spread the word and promote them. It was nice to support a small company like Simpson's and the work they do in producing such fine products for us to enjoy.
Please pass on my best regards to Mark and his team and I hope we may see a return of the shave cream range sometime in the future.

Here's to a good shave! (I shall use ALL Simpson's to shave tonight and I will be a little sad and a little indulgent at the same time).

To a fine shave Gentlemen!

cheers,

I must say Sir, your photos are quite something. Do you take them yourself? Do you mind sharing the details of your equipment - the focus and depth of field you achieve are very attractive, I would like to know how you manage this.
thank you,

thanks for those kind words, Anton!
last year, skypsyd dave did a radio/video episode on shave photos and i spoke with him about all this!
see his episode of may 20, 2017, here.

That's too bad. I think Mark and Simpsons are to be commended for being a leader in carrying on the wet-shaving tradition and attempting to anticipate demands. It's got to be tough in these days of artisans that spring up today and may be gone tomorrow. I tried samples of Simpson creams maybe 2 years ago and thought that their creams were excellent. Unfortunately, by then, I was a soap guy and didn't order any.

I tried the rose vanilla one. It was good but not better than TOBS or similar. I think I paid close to $30 for a small tin. Too expensive was the downfall I would think.

I've received my Chubby 3 Manchurian directly from Simpsons last week and it came with a complimentary unscented Simpsons Shaving Cream. So perhaps they will remain in production?
I just tried it the first time and I must say I really like it. Lathers really well, great slickness and cushioning and my skin feels great and more refreshed than with several other soaps I've tried so far.

Yeh they were never that expensive directly from from Simpson's. $30 must have been due to hefty vendor mark-ups/import duties.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I must have 5 full tins of the unscented Luxury cream here. Don't know if it's all gone by now, but Simpson's used to send one along each time I purchased a brush. I figured perhaps I should work through some before it spoils, so I've been using it exclusively since some time in late January, shaving at least 4 times a week and there's still a little left. I've been using soap hungry Simpsons throughout, so I haven't been sparing the product. It hardened up to just about the consistency of Proraso, so I've been loading it by swirling the brush in the tin. It is a terrific product. Great shaves, great skin care.

After reading this thread and feeling rather disappointed that I'm only starting out in the wet shaving world and will never get to try the discontinued simpsons luxury cream, I managed to find a tin online (UK seller) and quickly snapped it up. I believe its unscented or their original cream but I'm fine with that.

I'm just glad I'll be in a position to experience the good lather you guys have talked about and know I'll have a tin in my collection that is no longer produced.

The internet is a wonderful thing!

Top Bottom