What's new

Simpsons Keyhole Pure Badger Hair Shaving Brush

If it is one of the old stock grey boxes then I would think it is at least ten years old but your brush appears much newer than that. I would expect an old grey Simpson box to have a label similar to that shown below. Also the care leaflet inside would be different to the current one with no mention of the Isle Of Man, instead describing the brush as made in a 'rural backwater in Somerset'.

View attachment 1288074
I used to have that brush. It was a good little brush that I ended up giving away.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Something like that, probably. I wouldn't read much into it. Either someone at Simpsons or at Pasteur's put it in a grey box. I bought my G2 at Pasteur's 6 or 7 years ago and the salesman literally brought out their entire stock of G2's for me to select one. I wanted two things- a good specimen of Pure badger and a handle with a sticker rather than a printed label like yours. Here's what I got- it came in a red box, by the way... judging by the age of the brush it probably should have been a grey box- so perhaps we have each other's boxes! I remember I had the lids off about 10 brushes, so there's a chance the switch of your lid was made that day when the salesman was cleaning up my mess! Either way, enjoy your Eagle!

View attachment 1288140
Looks like a lot of blunt, cut ends of the hair.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I'm now contemplating getting a Keyhole 3 or 4 and trying to decide which one to get.
Exciting times, are your brushes mostly a particular size? Another size might change things up, but I don't see a wrong answer here.

A photo of my kh1 in best:

4BE5785D-40DC-4B26-AD52-6EACBA333FE0.jpeg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
B&B had a Keyhole as a limited edition brush in 2012, have to find now the thread from the past, but I am too lazy, but here is a picture.
They were made with highest quality Shavemac D01 two-band knots. It is the brush on the left side.....
IMG_3046.JPG

Top Bottom