What's new

Simpsons Keyhole Pure Badger Hair Shaving Brush

In need of some advice. Interested in picking one of these up.
My other two Simpsons are Best, What would be the difference in Best vs Pure?

@KyLegend45 Simpson Pure is a common and coarse grade of 3-Band hair. It has good backbone and as a result is delightfully scrubby. Even though it will soften with time it will always have certain amount of prickly feel to it. Just the nature of the grade. Still my favorite.

If the idea of some exfoliation coupled with a bit of prickle or 'scritch' as some call it, is suitable for your skin this grade is for you.

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I will have to pick it up, Amazon has it for less than $50
I'm a great one for spending other men's money for them... but if you want a Simpson Pure I suggest you consider an Eagle G2 from Pasteur Pharmacy online for about $65 USD. The $50 KH on Amazon is a KH size 1- only a 17mm knot. The G2 is a 22mm well stuffed knot in the most ergonomic handle for face lathering ever designed. In fact, when we designed our latest Group Buy we based the design on the Eagle G2 handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a great one for spending other men's money for them... but if you want a Simpson Pure I suggest you consider an Eagle G2 from Pasteur Pharmacy online for about $65 USD. The $50 KH on Amazon is a KH size 1- only a 17mm knot. The G2 is a 22mm well stuffed knot in the most ergonomic handle for face lathering ever designed. In fact, when we designed our latest B&B Group Buy we based the design on the Eagle G2 handle.
I may have to pick it up from Pasteur Pharmacy. I just checked Amazon again and the KH4 is $48.95

I would like an Eagle in best. It looks like they don't make them.
They do in G3, not to infrequently either. Just save your quid for when it comes up you'll be ready. The Ebony handle is a Best, Ivory is Pure.
I have only read about 2 bespoke G2's - never an LE. Don't hold your breath on one of those.
Maybe @Owen Bawn will post a pic of his LE G3's for us. :ouch1: :clap:
View media item 65953

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have a Keyhole, KH3. Truly awesome knot and handle.

🤔 But I thought they were only offered in Best?

full

AA

Top Bottom