What's new

Simpsons Duke

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I lean toward the Duke 3, but the Dukes 2 & 3 are to my mind the perfect small/medium size badger brushes. Easy grip handle, plenty of density, and they make and release lather beautifully. Ideal face lathering brush. I have them in Best, Manchurian, 2 band 'SiLVERTiP', and even synthetic. I like them all, but the truth is that I could very easily have stopped after purchasing the Best and I would have been very happy.

That said, I don't think there is an ultimate "best" Simpson brush above other Simpsons. I'd say there is a Simpson brush for nearly every shaver's particular needs or desires.

Last edited:
That said, I don't think there is an ultimate "best" Simpson brush above other Simpsons. I'd say there is a Simpson brush for nearly every shaver's particular needs or desires.
Quoted for truth. And given those needs and desires can vary from day to day, good thing too.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I lean toward the Duke 3, but the Dukes 2 & 3 are to my mind the perfect small/medium size badger brushes. Easy grip handle, plenty of density, and they make and release lather beautifully. Ideal face lathering brush. I have them in Best, Manchurian, 2 band 'SiLVERTiP', and even synthetic. I like them all, but the truth is that I could very easily have stopped after purchasing the Best and I would have been very happy.

Che belle parole! Bravo Owen, molto bravo! :a14:

I've never owned a Duke but love my Classic 1, which is quite similar to the Duke 2, maybe a little denser. You can't go wrong with either

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've two Dukes, an ivory 2 & a Butterscotch 3 Both are great brushes, the 2 might be the last one to be pried from my cold, dead hands .. but the 3 makes me smile ..

DSC00014.jpg

I really like my Duke 3’s in Best and SiLVERTiP. A great medium sized brush that does it all. I wouldn’t want to go any smaller for home use.

I have all three Dukes in best. My favorite is probably the Duke 3, although I like the 2 quite a bit too. The 1 is good for creams, and I sometimes use it as a travel brush.
CAA3216B-F44D-4907-B9BC-8232E85D217D.jpeg

Top Bottom