What's new

Simpsons Duke 3 or 57.??

Hello Gentlemen,

Let's get right into it!!

Simpsons Duke 3 in best badger or 57 best badger.?? And why.??

I'm a die hard face lathered and I'm looking for a brush with good backbone and relatively soft tips.

Many thanks for your support in advance, It's much appreciated.

They are both wonderful face-lathering brushes. I can speak only for myself, but I prefer the 57 for two reasons:

1. The knot is generally a bit less densely packed than the Duke knot (still plenty dense compared to many brushmakers), allowing for slightly better flow-through.
2. The handle length allows more grip options.

That said, the Duke 3 is absolutely iconic, a brush I've owned about 7-8 copies of over the years. I always fall out of love due to flow-through, but its blend of soft tips and scrubby, full backbone is outstanding.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
You're kidding, right?

First thing that comes to my mind when I hear the name Simpsons is "Shedding issues" Are Simpsons brushes worth the big price tag.?? Why they are so expensive.?? They are really tiny and nothing special about the hair grade.
@Drseid,

I just experienced the same with a Duke 3 in best badger that a good friend of mine kindly sent me to try. The brush not only shed like a cat, but it feels so prickly on the skin. In fact I ended up with my face on fire, all red and irritated. Now I clearly understand why my friend told me not to make a decision before trying his brush!!

Heritage collection in the other hand, are some of the finest shaving brushes on the market at the moment. My Ever ready 500E replica It's a gem. With an exquisite 26mm Manchurian knot, great backbone and ridiculously soft tips... I can't ask for more really!! A lot of folks look down at these brushes because of the Gelled knots. But for me, I don't need torture on my face. I much prefer a soft tips brushes while maintaining good backbone too.!!

In my book Heritage collection shaving brushes are far superior than Simpsons brushes. :thumbup: :thumbup::badger::badger::badger:

View attachment 1229413View attachment 1229414
In my honest opinion Semogues and Heritage collection shaving brushes are the best of the best money can buy!!
End of the story.

You're kidding, right?
Screenshot_20210301-162550_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

YMMV is the rule!

That said, I also face-lather and prefer hard soaps. I currently have a Duke 2 and a 57 in best. These are two favorites that will not leave my den! So, BUY BOTH!! :a29: :a29:

(What other answer did you expect?)

Top Bottom