What's new

Simpsons Duke 3 best badger.??

Hello Gentlemen,

I hope you all are doing well. Just popping by to say hello, and also to ask you what do you think about the so popular Duke 3 offering from Simpsons.?? Is this brush still popular in 2021.?? I'm thinking on buying one. I saw that Royal shave has it on sale for $89.95

I face lathering exclusively and I love brushes with good backbone, not so much backbone that will be uncomfortable to make circular motion to create the lather, but I like some descent backbone with soft tips.

Many thanks for your support in advance, I really appreciate your thoughts and I hope you all are enjoying of wonderful shaves. :thumbup:

Cheers!

I have a number of Simpson's brushes including the Chubby trio. I like the Chubby 2 but honestly most days I grab my Duke 3 in Best. I bought it to try and wasn't sure it would impress me but something about the handle shape fits my face-lathering style well and the Best bristles in mine perform very nicely. Enough backbone for me to get a nice face lather and at least my knot doesn't have any scritch or other unpleasantness whatsoever.

I've been on the hunt for a Duke 3 in Super or Manchurian just to try it, but that Duke 3 Best is really a champ. I would not hesitate to recommend.

Last edited:
The Duke 3 in Best might have bristles very close to Super with white and soft tips. It’s a nice face lathering brush. You’ll enjoy it.

I have a number of Simpson's brushes including the Chubby trio. I like the Chubby 2 but honestly most days I grab my Duke 3 in Best. I bought it to try and wasn't sure it would impress me but something about the handle shape fits my face-lathering style well and the Best bristles in mine perform very nicely. Enough backbone for me to get a nice face lather and at least my knot doesn't have any scritch or other unpleasantness whatsoever.

I've been on the hunt for a Duke 3 in Super or Manchurian just to try it, but that Duke 3 Best is really a champ. I would not hesitate to recommend.
Thanks so much for the very helpful information my friend, It's much appreciated!!

The Duke 3 in Best might have bristles very close to Super with white and soft tips. It’s a nice face lathering brush. You’ll enjoy it.
Many thanks for sharing your thoughts my friend. It's much appreciated. I heard Simpsons have issues shedding to much. Is that true.?? I see so many mixed reviews of customers complaining about shedding issues! And that is the only reason that makes me think twice from buying it.!!

I am more a boar guy than a badger fan, but for face lathering my Duke 3 Best is absolutely my preferred badger. It beats out my Plisson Pur Blaireau, an SHD knot, a two-band, and a black badger. The Duke has an impressively dense knot without any tendency to retain the lather, which is a big failing of the SHD knot.

Ha
I am more a boar guy than a badger fan, but for face lathering my Duke 3 Best is absolutely my preferred badger. It beats out my Plisson Pur Blaireau, an SHD knot, a two-band, and a black badger. The Duke has an impressively dense knot without any tendency to retain the lather, which is a big failing of the SHD knot.
Many thanks for sharing your thoughts my friend, It's much appreciated. Have you ever experienced any shedding issues with the Duke 3 .??

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts my friend. It's much appreciated. I heard Simpsons have issues shedding to much. Is that true.?? I see so many mixed reviews of customers complaining about shedding issues! And that is the only reason that makes me think twice from buying it.!!
All my Simpsons brushes aren't being shed hair.
Also, I didn't hear from my friends that their Simpsons are being shed hair.

I have a Duke 3 in two band best badger and I can only conclude my opinion about the brush in one single word: magnificent. The brush performs very well also for face lathering. Just my humble opinion about a superb brush.

Love mine and had heard all the same shedding info. Brushed mine out with a comb first thing and two hairs came out. Last ones to come out. Such a great brush. I con only reiterate what everyone else here has said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20210223_000136.jpg

Just received that beauty in the mail a week ago, with a wonderful 26mm Manchurian badger knot. It creates fabulous lather in no time. Gel soft tips and just perfect amount of backbone.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
That's a looker. A Duke 3 in Best will have a very different, more 'natural' feel on the face than that chemically treated gel-tip brush. It isn't going to be as soft as a cloud. You will feel it on the skin- not in a sharp pokey or scratchy way, but in such a way that you'll be able to tell your whiskers are being agitated.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I'm partial to the Duke 2 over the 3, but that's just a personal preference; I've had both and they are excellent choice.
I've owned probably 20+ Simpsons, several new, no shedding problems with any.

Top Bottom