What's new

Simpsons Duke 1 Two-Band for travel

Hello everyone,

Well I caved today...I was going back and forth between the Classic 1 and Duke 1 for travel. I couldn't make up my mind. I then saw the Special Edition Duke 1 on the Simpsons site in Silvertip (seems like "The Duke" is written in a larger font then normal for the Duke 1, I like this aesthetically.) I can't wait to get it and do a review on it. I think for the extra $40-$50 it will be a nice edition to my humble collection of brushes.

If anyone has experience with this brush I would love to hear it.

Andrew

img_1204.jpg
img_1205.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have no experience with this brush bit I like the look of it. I am just getting into Simpson brushes after being a cheap brush user all of my life. I am using a Simpson Special Pure Badger for my first Simpson shaving brush and it is the densest brush that I have ever used. It is taking a little time to get used to going from Boar brushes to these dense knots. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts when your brush arrives.

Lovely!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have a Duke 2 in best that is terrific! No experience with the 2-band Duke, but it looks wonderful!!

I have Duke 1 Two-Band in my collection.
And from my perspective, this one is not the best value for money.
I really love small brushes, for instance, Wee Scot, Special, but Duke 1 Two-Band has a huge glue bump (9mm) for its loft and a tremendous backbone. It's uncomfortable to use this brush on my face...

I must admit that this is the first Simpsons brush that has a glue bump...

No issues with these two Classic 1’s. One thing to bear in mind is that the SiLVERTiP usually comes with a bulb knot and tends to feel smaller than the same brush in Best. The Best blooms a lot more than the SiLVERTiP. Both great brushes. The SiLVERTiP is softer with a lively, springy, bounce to the backbone.

1A81B7B7-8C99-49F8-B31E-D05AEF4117AD.jpeg

I have Duke 1 Two-Band in my collection.
And from my perspective, this one is not the best value for money.
I really love small brushes, for instance, Wee Scot, Special, but Duke 1 Two-Band has a huge glue bump (9mm) for its loft and a tremendous backbone. It's uncomfortable to use this brush on my face...

I must admit that this is the first Simpsons brush that has a glue bump...

Well that’s not great to hear... thank you for the pics and thoughts. I do like backbone so perhaps I may like it. I wish I had a place nearby to compare them.

I went with the Silvertip as it was only $40 more then the Classic in best.
I’ll be sure to post my thoughts when I receive it.

Well that’s not great to hear... thank you for the pics and thoughts. I do like backbone so perhaps I may like it. I wish I had a place nearby to compare them.

You’ll like it. I just bought one a few weeks ago. It’s nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew5 ..... Good for you, and congratulations on getting a great brush. I do not have any experience with the Duke 1 Silvertip, but I
am the very happy owner of the Duke 2, Berkeley 46, Special, and
Colonel ..... all in “best.” I think you’re going to be delighted !

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding

Do not worry, it will be a great brush. In any case, you know the best brush in the world? Well there are those who love it and there are plenty of people who do not like it at all. The same is true of any brush, or anything else. The good thing is that Simpson have great resale value if it is not for you. Other than the Classic 1 Synthetic I have never had a Simpson brush I did not love, and I have had plenty. I look forward to reading your review 👍

Well she arrived! Simpsons was kind enough to include a tin of their shaving creams well.

I have to say that this is the WORST travel brush ever! Why...well because I don't want to use it for just travel. It is amazing! If it had a lager handle and a slightly larger knot, it would be my daily driver. I love the back bone, which it does not skimp on at all. I like this but other may not, as stated in a previous post. Very soft, but still has the feel that it is doing its job and not just tickling your face.

I absolute love it...I think even more than my Chubby 2. I may need to look at a Duke 2 or 3 in 2 Band Silvertip, lol. My wife is gonna kill me.

tempImage7TeMN1.png
tempImageJYgKoQ.png

Well she arrived! Simpsons was kind enough to include a tin of their shaving creams well.

I have to say that this is the WORST travel brush ever! Why...well because I don't want to use it for just travel. It is amazing! If it had a lager handle and a slightly larger knot, it would be my daily driver. I love the back bone, which it does not skimp on at all. I like this but other may not, as stated in a previous post. Very soft, but still has the feel that it is doing its job and not just tickling your face.

I absolute love it...I think even more than my Chubby 2. I may need to look at a Duke 2 or 3 in 2 Band Silvertip, lol. My wife is gonna kill me.

View attachment 1228350View attachment 1228351
What a great looking brush! Congratulations!

P!$$ off! Now I want to buy one! 🤪

I am ordering a custom CH2 in two band and was going to buy a custom Duke 3 synth. I will likely buy the Duke 1 or Classic two band instead of the synth. Damn these Simpson brushes.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
That is a handsome knot and brush. Not to enable or encourage you to buy a 2 band Duke 3, but... I bought a Duke 3 SiLVERTiP in faux ruby about 4 years ago, and it was the sweetest brush I had ever used... so good, in fact, that 18 months later...
Duke 2band.jpeg

That is a handsome knot and brush. Not to enable or encourage you to buy a 2 band Duke 3, but... I bought a Duke 3 SiLVERTiP in faux ruby about 4 years ago, and it was the sweetest brush I had ever used... so good, in fact, that 18 months later...
Those are fine looking brushes. Beautifully bulb-y. Tempting!

View attachment 1228367
Okay so you are full on enabling me now, lol.

I would like a brush for when I am at work (I am a firefighter, so I get to shave at work 🙂) and the fire engine red looks sweet.

Did you special order it or was it a special on their site?

Thanks.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Okay so you are full on enabling me now, lol.

I would like a brush for when I am at work (I am a firefighter, so I get to shave at work 🙂) and the fire engine red looks sweet.

Did you special order it or was it a special on their site?

Thanks.
It was a limited edition listed on their site several years ago. You can contact Anna Dillon or Mr Watterson via email and they will more than likely be able to fabricate one for you. They've been posting a special "brush of the day" on FB for the past few weeks- Wednesday's brush was a gorgeous Eagle G3 in ruby. You might ask if that's still available. The Eagle G3 is about the same size knot as a Duke 3, but it is slightly more dense, and the handle is ergonomically perfect in the hand. If you email Mr Watterson he can let you know if that brush is still available. Good luck, and enjoy the compulsion!

Congratulations! Now get a Simpson Major for travel. For me the Major in super cannot be beat as a travel brush.

Top Bottom