What's new

Simpsons Commadore X3 or Semogue SOC Badger Purchase Help!

Help, Please.
Just purchased a Semogue SOC Boar, it's my first boar and breaking in beautifully. I am impressed.
I have a Simpsons Commadore X2 and luv it. It's perfect for my needs.
My preference are knots 24mm or less.
I prefer face lathering, enjoy the scrub and exfoliation.
I'm a DE safety razor guy. 2-2.5 passes.
Both brushes are currently within my means.
(3 ex wives and 21+ years of child support will do that to some people.)
Anyway,
Any other brush suggestions in similar specs?
Your input would truly be appreciated.
Thanx.

BTW, I mainly use hard soaps.
MDC, TOBS, Dr. Harris, Tabac, etc.
Thanx again for your input.

If you like the soc boar handle, I think an soc 2 band badger would be a logical choice. I think you can get them for around 60 us dollars shipped if you look around. It is a great brush too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you like the soc boar handle, I think an soc 2 band badger would be a logical choice. I think you can get them for around 60 us dollars shipped if you look around. It is a great brush too.

Thanx for the input.

Another vote for the Semogue 2-band badger. It's a great brush and will complement your best badger Commodore very nicely. You will appreciate it's backbone when loading harder cream and soaps.

Thanx for your input.

Another vote for the Semogue 2-band badger. It's a great brush and will complement your best badger Commodore very nicely. You will appreciate it's backbone when loading harder cream and soaps.
Thanx for your input, been doing some research, sounds like this will perform for my needs.

I own a Simpson Berkeley and a SOC Badger. They are both fiery little lather machines to be sure. Never tried a Commodore but if it's anything like the Berkeley, it will probably be awesome, just in a different way. For me badgers have a more full-face-feel to them that is quite different to boars which tend to feel like soft fingers as opposed to lots of pointy hairs. I have yet to feel a badger that is softer than the lowliest of boars though, so keep that in mind. The SOC boar I have is pretty soft already, just a month in or so of use. That was has been the biggest drama queen to be sure but is quite the diva already, and probably is working on delivering a high note that will be way higher than any badger before it.

I own a Simpson Berkeley and a SOC Badger. They are both fiery little lather machines to be sure. Never tried a Commodore but if it's anything like the Berkeley, it will probably be awesome, just in a different way. For me badgers have a more full-face-feel to them that is quite different to boars which tend to feel like soft fingers as opposed to lots of pointy hairs. I have yet to feel a badger that is softer than the lowliest of boars though, so keep that in mind. The SOC boar I have is pretty soft already, just a month in or so of use. That was has been the biggest drama queen to be sure but is quite the diva already, and probably is working on delivering a high note that will be way higher than any badger before it.
I follow, ordered a SOC Badger from the Portugal Factory yesterday. The handle was the deciding factor after hearing the knots are similar. I live the scrub. I like the exfoliation, I have patience when it comes to my brushes. Thanks for your input.

...I live the scrub. I like the exfoliation, I have patience when it comes to my brushes...

G2s.jpeg

That's Simpson's Pure and shavemac is worth a look too. They have scrub, exfoliation and a wee bit prickly. Might be ok for you.
Thanx for the input. I just ordered the Semogue SOC badger. I have a Simpsons Commadore X2 and luv it. I prefer 24mm and smaller. Sporting a Gotee so it's cheeks and neck and the smaller knots allow persesion lather placement for me.

The Eagle G2's run ~22.5 x 47 and the G1 I have is ~20.5 x 44.

You can order just about any dimension you desire from shavemac. This is a 20x44 Pure workhorse from Bernd's magic workshop.

shavemac Lemon resized.jpeg

I ordered on from the Portugal Factory yesterday. Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom