What's new

Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic soon or Chubby 2 best badger later?

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
I can echo what @EclipseRedRing said about Simpson’s synths and badger hair brushes. I have a Persian Jar 2 in Best and an M7 in synth, and I often reach for the synth over the best badger brush simply because it’s more of a manageable size.

The best badger brush is good, but just not enough backbone for me - since I acquired a Manchurian in M7, I rarely reach for the best badger brush nowadays. Plus, if you‘re looking for a brush to be your everyday brush I would recommend the synth bristle brush because of the drying time. The Chubby 2 has a fairly dense knot, and might not dry in time for you to be able to shave with it daily. Simpson themselves recommend having two or more in rotation if you’re a daily shaver. With the synth knot however, they dry so quickly that mine are usually completely dry when I’m ready to use the the next day!

My thoughts would be to get a pair of lower-end Simpson brushes, like a Duke 2 in best and a Trafalgar T3 and see what you think before making such an expensive choice. You can always recoup most of the expense of a good brand by selling it later. Just my 2¢

Form your own opinion instead of reading everyone else's.

+1! Great advice!

The main issue is badger or synthetic?? The only way to tell is to try for yourself. :clap: :clap::clap:

Yea, fully agree with this although a Duke 2 in best badger retails at around £80 and a T3 is £20 compared too a chubby2 bb at £130. Have to put my detective skills to the test and see if I can get the D2 cheaper anywhere 🕵️‍♂️

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Here's a view of 3 Simpson's - the dark colored on top is the Trafalgar 3, left bottom Chubby 2 Badger, right bottom an early Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger

IMG_9649.JPG

Had it in my head the synthetic would look totally different to the BB but to my untrained eye they look pretty similar.

i would save for the badger. but then again im a badger guy. I don't see how a synthetic will be better then a primo badger in the long run. I could be wrong here is a list of some of my brushes so you know where im coming from.

AA89949F-AC7F-4BF9-901D-8104354190C8.jpeg

71FB34D0-32A1-4D9A-821F-CA91C69827FD.jpeg

On a follow up to this thread. I'm shocked that Simpsons charge nearly £8 for delivery to Northern Ireland from the Isle of Man for a £130 brush. Really!🤔

Top Bottom