What's new

Simpsons 2Band Silvertip Knots

I am a little confused, I love Simpsons 2Band Silvertip knot, I had a Chubby 2 with the Silvertip knot loved the knot just not the handle shape, just did not fit my hand very well so I sold it.

I recently bought a Duke3 with the Silvertip, I like it just fine, but would not mind having a 26mm knot as well so I sent an email to Simpson’s asking what the cost would be to put a 26mm knot in a Harvard H6 handle this is the response I got.

Hi Doug,

Sadly, we don’t have the material to make the Harvard in two band.

Best regards

Anna

Anna Dillon

So does this mean that they have used up all their Silvertip material making pre-made knots to fit their handles, if so does that mean that eventually they will quit offering Silvertip knots?

Or do they just not do custom knot orders.

I think that the 2Band Silvertip is the best knot they offer will be a little bit sad to see it disappear eventually.

Both Trey aka @CJB3 and I were interested in the Harvard H6, guess it just will not happen.

Just thought I would let everyone know that if you were wanting a Simpson’s 2Band Silvertip you eventually, maybe not soon, will not be able to get one.

Doug

Hi Doug, I have had similar communication from Simpsons. It took about 3-4 months for them to have the materials for a Classic 2 in 2 band. I started asking back in August and they were able to make me one in November.

They must make up all the knots once the hair arrives so you have to wait for the next shipment for a custom knot.

Hi Doug, I have had similar communication from Simpsons. It took about 3-4 months for them to have the materials for a Classic 2 in 2 band. I started asking back in August and they were able to make me one in November.

They must make up all the knots once the hair arrives so you have to wait for the next shipment for a custom knot.
Thanks for the info, that at least is optimistic about getting what I would like.

How often did you ask, or did you just ask them to let you know when they would be getting a new shipment of hair?

Doug

Hey Doug, I sent an email asking when they would have materials and Anna said to check back in a few months. So I think I sent emails every 2 months or so.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks

Why would they not have the materials on hand to make a basic brush?? All they need is the resin stock for the handle and badger hair....If they make other brushes in two-band, why not making the smaller knot for a classic or a larger for the harvard, smh....Unless, one wants a very special material and they have run out....that may happen from time to time. In the early days of Covid I had some issues getting some rod material and knots from Shavemac in, but this was due to shipping times then. I also doubt Simpson makes unique custom brushes.

Why would they not have the materials on hand to make a basic brush?? All they need is the resin stock for the handle and badger hair....If they make other brushes in two-band, why not making the smaller knot for a classic or a larger for the harvard, smh....Unless, one wants a very special material and they have run out....that may happen from time to time. In the early days of Covid I had some issues getting some rod material and knots from Shavemac in, but this was due to shipping times then. I also doubt Simpson makes unique custom brushes.
I was postulating. When I did ask originally for a classic 2 band, Simpsons did send me a list of the brushes they could make me in 2-band which led me to believe they pre-make the knots.

I have had a few brushes made in Super grade and Simpsons said they could make them right away. Maybe it's a scarcity of 2 -band hair🤷‍♂️.

I'm happy that they have been able to make my special requests if I didn't mind waiting for a bit.

It makes no sense to me either that they would not have any 2Band Silvertip hair in stock, maybe they just do not want to make custom knots, really think they should let you have any hair they carry in any handle they produce.

But guess they do not have to to be able to be profitable.

Their two-band silvertip is really fantastic. It’s a shame Simpson doesn’t offer more brushes with this hair.

I have only one 2 band silvertip from Simpson and nothing else I have compares- outstanding brush. I have not tried the Manchurians because to be honest I can't imagine that hair being any better, but for some bizarre reason they like to market those more then any other hair. And it's more costly to the customer.

I have only one 2 band silvertip from Simpson and nothing else I have compares- outstanding brush. I have not tried the Manchurians because to be honest I can't imagine that hair being any better, but for some bizarre reason they like to market those more then any other hair. And it's more costly to the customer.
I have the Duke 3 in both Manchurian and SiLVERTiP. I definitely prefer the SiLVERTiP.

I have maybe 60 brushes and my Ch2 Silvertip is by far the best one I own. I own Simpson Manchurian brushes as well (not a Ch2) and prefer the Silvertip hair.

I also own high end brushes from Thater, Rooney, Kent, Zenith, Shavemac, etc. and nothing is as good as the Ch2 Silvertip.

Just the perfect hair IMO. Or maybe I was just lucky and got a great one!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have a Classic 1, Berkeley 46, a pair of Dukes size 3, and a Chubby 2 in SiLVERTiP. I've seen many posts from men who claim that Simpsons 2 band from 2011-13 was the finest badger hair ever. That may be the case, but I can't imagine it could be much better than the specimens I own.

I also have a Chubby 1, Duke 3, M6, and M7 in Manchurian. Outstanding knots. Second only to the 2 band SiLVERTiP.

I own and enjoy luxury brushes from Shavemac, Paladin, and a couple of vintage Rooneys. I'd recommend them to anyone. But there's something about those Simpsons two bands...

The 2-band has the softest tips of all of the different types, IMO, including Super. It also has backbone that rivals the Manchurian (and, again, with softer tips). It provides a very luxuriant feel, particularly for face lathering.

Top Bottom