What's new

Simpson two band silvertip

Just got this Duke 3 in 2 band silvertip (pic is just before I took its virginity). Took three days to get here via FedEx direct from Simpson. It is the softest feeling brush in my den and very different from Super grade hair. It still has the usual 2 band backbone but having experienced 2 band shavemac knots, it feels like finest hair with no scritch at all and good backbone. I've said it before- if my Duke 3 in Best had a tiny bit more backbone I'd be heaven and this is probably about as close as I'm going to get. Doesn't get much better if you're a face latherer. Ive yet to try Simpsons Manchirian but after using this brush not sure that i want to.
20220702_174511.jpg

Congrats on a lovely brush. Possibly my favorite all-around brush configuration.

I get along OK with the Simpson Manchurians I have experienced, but if I'm honest I wish every one of them were a SiLVERTiP (gah!) instead.

Long live the Duke!

It's not an ideal brush for a man that goes days without a shave and could use a little scrub. I usually shave every day and don't take off longer than a day if I do so it's petty perfect little brush.

Here it is next to the shavemac Beagle. Comparing them because they are 2 bands and close in size but very different pricing. Although knots are similarly sized the Simpson feels much larger when lathering. It's hard to tell the difference in feel with my hands but the Simpson Duke has a much gentler pillowy feeling on the face compared to the shavemac. I still think you get some great quality for the price with Shavemac, but these 2 brushes are clearly on different levels of performance.
Screenshot_20220703-130734_Photos~2.jpg

Lovely brush, congratulations!

Quite a nice bulb knot from Simpson’s. I have tried many many Simpson’s brushes over the years, but never a Duke 3 and only one Silvertip 2 band

Top Bottom