What's new

đź‘‹ Simpson Trafalgar T3 Vs. Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic đź‘‹

Not exactly a T3 vs CH2 comparison, but maybe this will be somewhat helpful. I recently tried the Chubby 2 with the Duke 3, both with the platinum synthetic fiber. Both were similar in firmness and face feel other than size. The platinum fiber has very smooth and luxurious feel. I mostly use it like paint brush and use a bowl to make lather. The Chubby 2 was just too big and too much lather at once for me. So sold the Chubby and kept the Duke, which has been quite nice to use. The Rover is another with the platinum synthetic fiber that might be worth a look.

Here they are side by side for comparison for a size comparison. The Chubby 2 is big.

IMG_8211.jpeg

IMG_8210.jpeg

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Not exactly a T3 vs CH2 comparison, but maybe this will be somewhat helpful. I recently tried the Chubby 2 with the Duke 3, both with the platinum synthetic fiber. Both were similar in firmness and face feel other than size. The platinum fiber has very smooth and luxurious feel. I mostly use it like paint brush and use a bowl to make lather. The Chubby 2 was just too big and too much lather at once for me. So sold the Chubby and kept the Duke, which has been quite nice to use. The Rover is another with the platinum synthetic fiber that might be worth a look.

Here they are side by side for comparison for a size comparison. The Chubby 2 is big.

View attachment 1701295
View attachment 1701296
Beautiful brushes, Sir! I love my Chubby 2 Synthetic, as well as my T3... :001_wub:

Beautiful brushes, Sir! I love my Chubby 2 Synthetic, as well as my T3... :001_wub:

I agree with you. I love both the T3 and the CH2 Synthetic. I love the CH2 Synthetic so much I ended up with 6 including the original white one and 5 different colors. Somewhere along the way the labeling changed from synthetic badger to synthetic fiber. However, all of the use a different fiber than the T3. I am smitten with Simpson synthetic brushes.

I agree with you. I love both the T3 and the CH2 Synthetic. I love the CH2 Synthetic so much I ended up with 6 including the original white one and 5 different colors. Somewhere along the way the labeling changed from synthetic badger to synthetic fiber. However, all of the use a different fiber than the T3. I am smitten with Simpson synthetic brushes.
You can buy a CH2 with the sovereign fibers used in the T3 if you want. Sounds like you might NEED another brush :)

S

Scrubby

Not 100% what you ask, but I have a “first generation” T2, which does not splay and spritzes lather all over me and the complete bathroom like there is no tomorrow, and a very recent Ch2 Platinum, a brush I love and highly recommend (it gives both my Ch2 Best as well as my Ch2 Manchurian serious competiton). Maybe the T3 in newer fiber behaves better, but my vote goes for the Ch2 platinum!

Top Bottom