What's new

Simpson Trafalgar T2 ..... first shave.

Can anyone compare the Omega Evo to the T3? Omega is double the price. Is there a preference for the Evo handle vs. the T3?

I received and used my synthetic Simpson Trafalgar T2 last week. I like the brush although it's smaller than I expected for some reason. The thing I liked the most about it was how easily it splayed, unlike many other synthetics, so I started to look for a reason why it did. Pressing at the base of the knot where it comes out of the handle I noticed that you can press the knot in quite easily so that a little gap appears. It looks like this knot has been put into the next size up handle so that it is less tightly packed and therefore splays more easily. Has anyone else noticed this with their T2 ?

I received and used my synthetic Simpson Trafalgar T2 last week. I like the brush although it's smaller than I expected for some reason. The thing I liked the most about it was how easily it splayed, unlike many other synthetics, so I started to look for a reason why it did. Pressing at the base of the knot where it comes out of the handle I noticed that you can press the knot in quite easily so that a little gap appears. It looks like this knot has been put into the next size up handle so that it is less tightly packed and therefore splays more easily. Has anyone else noticed this with their T2 ?

Of the synthetics I've owned, my T1 is actually the most densely packed knot by a fair margin... I think it's more down to the density, comparatively short loft and bristle characteristics.

I'd also say it's not just the ease of splay that makes this series feel better face lathering, but the fact that they splay before simply deflecting away from the brush stroke, on top of this the knot is better damped (many of the taller lofted synths feel quite bouncy to me).

Okay Gentlemen ..... I started this thread on July 26, and we are now well into page six of
a wonderfully illuminating conversation. I just want to add, that in addition to all of your
insightful replies, I am really enjoying my Trafalgar T2 brush. I am not going into all the
exact details of backbone, soft tips, splay, loft, etc. ----- I am simply saying that this is
a wonderful brush. This evening, face lathered with La Toja stick and smoothly shaved
with my Timeless Aluminum and a Feather blade (2) ..... sublime shaving indeed ! :a14::a14::a14:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Very first use of the T3 today. As discussed this brush is bigger than the T1 and T2, especially knot-wise. However, to be fully honest, I was expecting this to be a "monster" and, to me, it is not. Again, it is BIG, but nothing to really worry about. I could easily manage to produce a ton of lather without issues. A great experience indeed. :straight:

I received T3 yesterday and it was smaller then I expected. The knot feels smaller then my 24mm badger brush but it lathers well. The handle has great size and quality.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Yeah the T3 is supposed to 25 mm I think if I recall correctly. But the knot is set pretty far into the handle so it appears smaller than it is. I have plenty of 26 to 30 mm brushes, so the T3 fills a nice niche for me.

edit... it’s 26 mm. Looked it up. Still feels like a 24 with a low loft. 😎

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I just used the T3 for the first time in a little bit. Been using a couple of Timberwolf and Tuxedo knotted brushes for the last couple of weeks. The T3 undoubtedly has a ton more backbone than the other synths. It is much more dense as well. Still soft in the tips. Really good for face lathering. It is a more obvious contrast after putting it down for a spell, and using softer brushes. Picking it back up, you can really feel the difference.

Wow ! We're almost up to the fifth page of my thread. Thanks Gents for the great discussion.
Just trying to get this thread to at least 7 pages for Adam!! 😁
1AE6A7F6-F020-45E9-B7CA-525363B148A4.jpeg

Very happy with my T2!
Shave Long and Prosper Friends! 🖖🏼

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Had my T3 a little while and it is by far my favourite synth. The tips are as soft as my softest Yaqi but it has just the right amount of backbone and isn't floppy like the Yaqi. Just wondering now should I purchase the T2 for my smaller soap container's

Had my T3 a little while and it is by far my favourite synth. The tips are as soft as my softest Yaqi but it has just the right amount of backbone and isn't floppy like the Yaqi. Just wondering now should I purchase the T2 for my smaller soap container's
But of course you should!

And not only the T2, but also the T1 for the even smaller container. If you don't have the "even smaller" container - yes, you already know the answer: you need it, so you can take the optimum advantage of your T1. 😀 😀

Top Bottom