What's new

Simpson Shaving Brush Decal (But Not the Usual Question)

I have a Berkeley brush that I use very frequently. Preparatory to lathering, I soak the brush in hot water. Over time the decal has worn/disintegrated to next to nothing. And I am fine with that. This morning I decided to "help it along" by scraping some remnants off with my fingernail. Discovered that the surface directly beneath the decal feels rougher than the rest of the handle surfaces; feels more like where the embossed "Berkeley" is. My question is, was the handle surface left rough to help secure the decal?

The decal was placed high enough that it obscured the "best badger" which was embossed on the barrel ridge directly across from the "Berkeley". The best badger imprint is what I felt with my fingernail. Took my reading glasses, a magnifying glass and a bright light to read it (I'm old).

Oh yeah. I had a pure Berkeley a couple months ago that the label was slightly on top of the pure badger imprint. I’m not a fan of the labels in general. I feel like it’s going to wear as I use the brush and will look sloppy.

I remember reading here some time ago that the Simpson label was designed to wear so that one could tell that the brush was used. Interesting design feature; guess Simpson looking out for brush shoppers.

Top Bottom