What's new

Simpson M7 Best or Super

I have a Shavemac D01 2 band. It’s only a 21 mm knot with 48 mm loft (style 82) and that works for some of the smaller containers of soap like WSP or Cella Bio.

I love the brush but it is too dense and I like a bigger handle. I plan on keeping this brush and gifting it to my son when he is old enough.

Looking at the Simpson M7 in Best or Super. For the most part I bowl lather and still want to have a smaller knot. I would appreciate any feedback from current M7 owners.

The other option would be to get a Thater or a custom brush with a Shavemac knot, but I’m gravitating to a Simpson brush because I have yet to own one.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
My M7 has a Manchurian knot & is a solid performer. In my experience & for my money you can't beat Simpson's Best grade. I find the Super a just a little too soft and have had one or two in Super that were lather hogs. I do have a couple in Manchurian but don't feel the premium associated with Manchurian is reflected in more enjoyable performance.

I have an M7 in Super. I’m primarily a face latherer that enjoys the larger handle for my long fingers. I’ve only just started bowl lathering and find it is a great brush for that application as well.

If I didn’t face lather I would not miss the softness of the super and would say for the money, you can’t go wrong with Best since you say you’re primarily bowl lather. If you were primarily a face latherer I would suggest the Super.

Good luck deciding! The M7 is a great brush! My number 1! 😍

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I would go with a Manchurian M7. I have two Simpson brushes with this hair, a M6 and a Tulip 3, love them. I also have a Tulip 3 in three band super which is soft, yes, but it is still quite scritchy on my face, do not like it much. My Non-Plus-Ultra Simpson is an older Polo 8 with the old two-band super. Since you own a D01 in two band, the Manchurian is similar, but the hair is not as thick as the D01 and it is also less dense.

I looked at the M7 Manchurian and they are beautiful, especially the Faux Sapphire, wow!

But the prices….I don’t know if I can justify that.

The Fifty series looks appealing, but that Faux Sapphire M7…

Perhaps a sale will come along or I can get something custom made for a better price.…but that Faux Sapphire M7!

It's an ugly brush, really. You'd hate it for sure. Probably.

m7.jpeg.600cb1964b9634d91a35c36fa68d4d57.jpeg

If you like soft, Thater’s 3-band is hard to beat. Mine is a bulb knot and has good backbone for as soft as it is. One of my top 2 brushes along with my Simpsons Persian Jar 1 2-band. Both of these brushes are exceptional.

I have M7 brushes in Manchurian, Best and synthetic. The Manchurian is my favourite but Best is right up there. It is hard to justify the difference in cost for Super or Manchurian over Best in a M7 IMO.

I would be more than happy with just my M7 best. I used it yesterday and it performed perfectly.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
It's an ugly brush, really. You'd hate it for sure. Probably.

View attachment 1452025

Oh heck yeah, thats what I am talking about! Bring that blue beauty of a gem my way please. 😍 I love brushes that have pretty blue handles. I actually have another one from APShaveCO in the mail coming that has a Blue Lagoon handle, uses the premium G5C synthetic 24mm brush knot, its custom.

Now, in reference to badger brushes, I was looking at the Simpson Manchurian Best Badger brushes, I think that Simpson makes very nice brushes, but the price is a bit too rich for my blood. Semegoue also makes nice best badger brushes too, but they too, are beyond the scope for what I can afford.

So while I was on a hunt for a new brush, to replace my garbage generic pure badger brush, I was recommended to try Maseto Shaving brushes. I ended up going with a Maseto Avatar 30 knot 56 loft Silver Tipped Badger brush. Its a high quality brush, for a really affordable cost IMO.

proxy.php

But yeah, very beautiful brush that you have, and I can see why you would be very proud of it. But I agree, that other Simpson brush that has the mustard yellow handle, I'm sorry, but the 1970's is calling, they want their brush back. :lol:

Oh heck yeah, thats what I am talking about! Bring that blue beauty of a gem my way please. 😍 I love brushes that have pretty blue handles. I actually have another one from APShaveCO in the mail coming that has a Blue Lagoon handle, uses the premium G5C synthetic 24mm brush knot, its custom.

Now, in reference to badger brushes, I was looking at the Simpson Manchurian Best Badger brushes, I think that Simpson makes very nice brushes, but the price is a bit too rich for my blood. Semegoue also makes nice best badger brushes too, but they too, are beyond the scope for what I can afford.

So while I was on a hunt for a new brush, to replace my garbage generic pure badger brush, I was recommended to try Maseto Shaving brushes. I ended up going with a Maseto Avatar 30 knot 56 loft Silver Tipped Badger brush. Its a high quality brush, for a really affordable cost IMO.

proxy.php

But yeah, very beautiful brush that you have, and I can see why you would be very proud of it. But I agree, that other Simpson brush that has the mustard yellow handle, I'm sorry, but the 1970's is calling, they want their brush back. :lol:
Actually.....I'm glad you think it looks like a brush from the 70s. That said, I'd put it up against any brush on the market, past or present.

The Manchurian hair in it is phenomenal and handle composition is second to none. This one is from about 10y or so ago. I don't know what the current hair is like.

Although I’m not ready to place an order, I have my eye on M7 in Best (Amethyst), or a 26 mm Thater 2 band (very similar to Shavemac style 82) in black, or having a custom brush.… I can hear the fans chanting Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

Though I would love the M7 in Manchurian, but it is pricey. And I would like something that goes well with my Rocca 96 with the black and satin finish which matches the stand it sits on.

As always, I appreciate all feedback. Thanks in advance.

Although I’m not ready to place an order, I have my eye on M7 in Best (Amethyst), or a 26 mm Thater 2 band (very similar to Shavemac style 82) in black, or having a custom brush.… I can hear the fans chanting Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

Though I would love the M7 in Manchurian, but it is pricey. And I would like something that goes well with my Rocca 96 with the black and satin finish which matches the stand it sits on.

As always, I appreciate all feedback. Thanks in advance.
Did you end up making a decision? Inquiring minds want to know!?

Top Bottom