What's new

Simpson Duke 3 Best or?

I'm thinking of purchasing a new brush for face and occasional bowl lathering. I mostly use shave cream.

I currently have a silvertip (royal shave brand) brush which is excellent but lacks the backbone. It feels way to floppy.

I prefer a densely packed brush with backbone and softness.

I checked reviews and I narrowed done my search to a Simpson duke 3 (best badger).

Just wanted to know the forums thoughts and experience on the duke 3. Any other brands that fall in the same category.

Thank you.

Ara

A Duke 3 is a great choice. Soft enough, with plenty of backbone. Consider also a TGN finest. I've been posting a lot lately about the TGN, but that's because I think it's a great brush. I have both, and I rank them 1 and 1A. Couldn't go wrong with either one.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
The Duke series is Simpson's most popular brush with good reason, just check BST and see how quickly they sell (or any other Simpson Best Badger) The Duke 3 is an all-arounder for face and bowl.

My experience with Simpsons Best has been very positive. I have a Polo 10 in Best, and it's a much higher grade than most "best" IMHO. Great backbone and flow through, with very soft tips. I'm considering a Chubby 2, and will likely go with Best on this one as well. One other suggestion might be a Wilborg. I just received mine, and thus far I'm very pleased.

I also love the Duke series, though I prefer the size of the D1. Another option to consider would be a Shavemac in Finest grade. The density is very similar to the density of the Duke series, IMO, plus you can customize your handle. The cost would be very similar for the same size knot and you could choose b/w bulb, fan, or flat top knots.

I have a Duke 3 in best. I really enjoy it and find it great at bowl and face lathering. Tiny bit of scritch, but I think you'll like it. It's a workhorse at a reasonable price point.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The Duke 3 is everything: Simpsons best all-rounder, Simpsons best selling and one of the two most legendary Simpsons of them all. There are good reasons for this. My humble opinion is to get it without hesitation, Sir.

The Duke 3 is everything: Simpsons best all-rounder, Simpsons best selling and one of the two most legendary Simpsons of them all. There are good reasons for this. My humble opinion is to get it without hesitation, Sir.

Many thanks for the replies.
Order will be placed in less than a minute.
This is turning into a costly addiction. I'm only six months into wet shaving and I'm running out of room to keep the shaving paraphernalia. :)

I think for the money the Duke 3 in best is an excellent choice. It is somewhat ironic b/c Simpsons brushes are often considered overpriced. But I think you hit the nail on the head with your choice. Enjoy.

Today i pulled trigger and ordered duke 3 best badger. I hope i will like it as i like my chubby 2 super badger brush. Now i would not need to wait 48 hours to shave while drying chubby 2.

this is it. Photos of my new brush.
CF8A2B2B-AEA0-4D5C-B5C5-9855B3BD7E6E.jpeg
54969596-40B8-4403-B411-5251B3F459E3.jpeg
4D898787-A135-45B3-82B7-A99E4AB91D26.jpeg

The Duke is a very nice brush, as is the chubby. Congratulations on your purchase!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom