What's new

Simpson Duke 2 or 3

My Duke 3 is around twelve years old. It rarely gets any use. For some reason the loft is significantly taller than listed on the Simpson site, and it’s not particularly dense. It’s a really floppy brush. I’m sure it’s just an outlier. But I won’t be buying another Duke.

Not bashing Simpsons. I own over a dozen and all the others are fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvard is nice, but an H2 is quite small. An H6 is about the same size as a Duke 3, just longer loft and less dense. If I could only have one Simpson, it would be a Duke 3. I like others better, but the Duke 3 is the perfect all rounder and makes a great lather every time. It’s great and best, I’d start there. It’s sublime in 2-band, so something to aspire to later.

linty1

My wallet cries.
My Duke 3 is around twelve years old. It rarely gets any use. For some reason the loft is significantly taller than listed on the Simpson site, and it’s not particularly dense. It’s a really floppy brush. I’m sure it’s just an outlier. But I won’t be buying another Duke.

Not bashing Simpsons. I own over a dozen and all the others are fantastic.

Its funny you mention that, I was just thinking the same, mine's on the floppier side, but it may/prob is a ymmv thing for me. It's more of a cream brush for me, but very lovely feeling on the face.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
May I ask for which brush for which use?

Sure, Sir. I have recently shifted my attention to vegetable hard soaps with boosted performance. When from a puck I desire tons of thicker lather combined with silky soft tips I go for the Chubby 1 Super. When using a stick I prefer the Duke 2 because its smaller knot is easier to use for a direct face lather approach. The Duke 3 is a "universal" brush that can simply handle any situation.

Top Bottom