What's new

Simpson Commodore X3

Here it is after a teaspoon of water, and another 40-45 secs of swirling...

$DSCN1816.jpg

Here is the brush only with all the lather I could get out of the bowl...

$DSCN1817.jpg

And what was left in the bowl...

$DSCN1818.jpg

Rinsed and bloomed...

$DSCN1819.jpg

My reward for buying the wife such a nice brush:

$DSCN1820.jpg

The bourbon, not the Cholula!:biggrin1:

All in all, it is a really nice brush. A bit more Badger Funk than something like a TGN finest, but I think that goes with the territory, and supports the fact that TGN Finest are treated hairs in some way. The Morris & Forndran also has less funk than this one. Funk is fleeting though, so not a reason to ding any brush IMHO. This brush gets a solid buy rating from me as far as lathering goes. I will update this after I have an actual shave, and can comment on face feel, and backbone in that area.

Cheers!!!

Amazing pics. I've got the Case and the Colonel but I always overlooked the Commodore but it looks like the loft is nice and low adding to a nice backbone.
You're a true Texan. Love the Valentina and Cholula sauce in the back. Now you need some Tapatio and La Amor sauce.

Enjoyed the pics!! I can see Blondie now 3-4 drinks chasing the wife around the house commodore in one hand Cholula in the other!!:lol:

Glad to give you a laugh! You gotta read the whole thread. Even his wife told him what it looked like. I hope if he reads this he realizes I am laughing with him...

So got my first face lathering use of the new brush in today. Loaded the Dr. Selby's effortlessly, and built mounds of face lathered goodness. Had no issues with enough to do four complete passes. It just kept making lather pass after pass. I did notice a tad more scritch on the face than say something like an Omega Silvertip, TGN Finest, or even a boar for that matter. Will be interested to see if this calms a bit with subsequent uses.

Darn you guys! It seems like this brush could act as intermediate between the my Case and Colonel. I'm coming to really like the shape of the handle as well.

Darn you guys! It seems like this brush could act as intermediate between the my Case and Colonel. I'm coming to really like the shape of the handle as well.

Just be careful :wink2:. I bought an X3 and a Colonel at the same time. The X3 came in first and is my go to brush over the Colonel. It might make you forget completely about your Colonel.

Just be careful :wink2:. I bought an X3 and a Colonel at the same time. The X3 came in first and is my go to brush over the Colonel. It might make you forget completely about your Colonel.

Every brush has their place.........so I say (or try to justify). I also haven't done the reknot thing and I have an Ever-Ready that may benefit from a finest knot.

Thought I would post an update about the Commodore X3. Remember I said I bought it for my wife? Turns out she likes it. Alot. I only got to use it the once. :cursing: Seriously though, I'm glad I found something she really likes. I helped her make lather the other day, and now she is getting the process down a little better. She let me lather her up for each pass, and I have to say, legs take a TON more lather to get good coverage!

Top Bottom