What's new

Simpson Commodore 2 or Duke 3? Which one or keep both?

I think I’ll hold onto the Duke for a bit and not break open the seal on the box, and make sure I’m ok with ‘just’ the Commodore.

I would send the Duke back now. Stay away from Simpson...they multiply. I really liked my first one, so I tried another and liked it a bit more.... now I have 15 or so.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Dark Helmet here is dead on.

Buy a Simpson or two, turn your head, then BOOM... you have a drawer full of the damned things! I now have 14 with 2 more in the mail.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Take a look at the price of a Chubby 1, 2, or 3 in Super on Amazon right now. IT'S AWESOME, BABY!

Last edited:
I wonder what the story is there, they’ve significantly undercut everyone else.
They have been doing it across the board for quite some time. I bought this very brush from this vendor for this price about a month ago. It is a superb Simpson example.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

It certainly makes Simpsons brushes more accessible. I certainly would not have as many as I do now if not for them. I probably would have stopped with my prickly Berkeley 46 and Colonel X2L and called it a day.

Now I’m a Simpsons fan boy with the Chubbies, Dukes, and a Tulip 3. I‘m also likely to order LEs and less common brush configurations from Simpsons directly.

For me anyway, they have expanded the market for Simpsons brushes.

Nobody seems to know but many Simpsons retailers are p!$$ed.

As an example, long term Simpson partner The Superior Shave pulled the plug on Simpsons specifically due to Alrossa/Amazon selling brushes below reseller cost. They blew out remaining stock and no longer carry any Simpson products.

I hate to admit it, but I have bought 4 Simpsons thru Alrossa and they have all been outstanding.

Top Bottom