What's new

Simpson Chubby

Welcome to the life of the Chubby Chaser.

I have 2 on the way now. A Rasage Classique Super and “The Dark Knight” which I had to have as a Batman geek due to the name and changed my avatar in preparation for.
When you get it maybe you could do some photos of it? I would love to see the handle in good lightning thanks

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
When you get it maybe you could do some photos of it? I would love to see the handle in good lightning thanks

I’ll have to get creative to get good lighting but I can try lol

The FedEx alert that my package tracking just came in today so I’ll probably have The Dark Knight next week sometime.

I also plan on writing up some comparisons since I’ll have every Simpson’s hair type except for Best in a Chubby 2 form factor.

I'm very happy with my Super 3 Chubby. But I'm curious about the difference between the 2 band silvertip and the Manchurian badger. The Simpsons homepage doesn't make it clear. From what I gathered from your posts, the Manchurian is stiffer than the 2-band silvertip.

Yes it says england stirling or something like that. Super badger and its in two band. It is new not used. For 199€ About 233$ .Im in europe
Please just buy that one and show us, jealousy and a tip of the hat are each expected, can't imagine a mint one wouldn't fetch more than that here you almost never see them trade hands.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Please just buy that one and show us, jealousy and a tip of the hat are each expected, can't imagine a mint one wouldn't fetch more than that here you almost never see them trade hands.

My understanding is that it’s the same grade as the SiLVERTiP, but I have heard the batches for the old 2 Band Supers were something special.

This is how it looks like(photo from web) but its the same thing. You get the idia. Vendor asking ~233$
4531C49C-0859-44C6-943F-56887F80C0E7.jpeg

I want to ask why mine chubby 2 super hairs are going in all directions around the handle but not straight up? Is it something wrong with hairs? I didnt seen that in other brushes
D912A5B5-8940-44F8-9135-15A3B2D5E64A.jpeg
3A46EC35-FDC6-4E82-8B81-6175535E5CE8.jpeg

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
But why in other brushes even in forum they hairs dont get messy like mine.

Depends on the brush. If I were home I would show you some of mine. It also depends on the pictures and the knot itself. A bulb can have a less messy appearance sometimes, plus some people could be brushing their knots for photos. Tough to say.

If you find your knot looking especially messy, it could also be using too much pressure/mashing the brush. Just use to tips of the hair and don’t press down much. You can lightly splay it but it doesn’t take a lot of pressure. I am obviously not there to be able to tell if this is something you know or not yet.

Something I do is lightly brush my knots against a towel after the shave. I find it helps “fluff” the knot so it looks nice as well as helping dry the hair a bit.

Maybe for these messy hairs this brush realyse lather very well and dont cloged up like others mentioned. Mine chubby isnt latherhog

Depends on the brush. If I were home I would show you some of mine. It also depends on the pictures and the knot itself. A bulb can have a less messy appearance sometimes, plus some people could be brushing their knots for photos. Tough to say.

If you find your knot looking especially messy, it could also be using too much pressure/mashing the brush. Just use to tips of the hair and don’t press down much. You can lightly splay it but it doesn’t take a lot of pressure. I am obviously not there to be able to tell if this is something you know or not yet.

Something I do is lightly brush my knots against a towel after the shave. I find it helps “fluff” the knot so it looks nice as well as helping dry the hair a bit.
I looked more and it seems that around the knot hairs ar thinner and softer which looks messy a bit.

Top Bottom