What's new

Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic in Jade

Any one have one of these? How do you like the jade handle?

I reached out to Simpson yesterday asking if they were going to do a run or offer them in the near future.

A very friendly lady named Anna returned my email informing me that she could have one turned for me, so of course I couldn’t resist and placed the order. Going to be a long two weeks of waiting for it, but I’m stoked!

I don't have the Simpson version but do have the ShaveMac version. That one is great.

Shavemac Syn.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Any one have one of these? How do you like the jade handle?

I reached out to Simpson yesterday asking if they were going to do a run or offer them in the near future.

A very friendly lady named Anna returned my email informing me that she could have one turned for me, so of course I couldn’t resist and placed the order. Going to be a long two weeks of waiting for it, but I’m stoked!

Photos coming?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Nice surprised to find at the mail box today. The shaving cream was included gratis, so I'll be trying it out with tomorrow's shave. Love this brush!

I'd definitely pictured a different and deeper green, but I love the one you got. Very pretty color. Beautiful looking knot, too. I think the brush's color enhances the knot or maybe it's vice versa.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I decided to shave today to try the Simpsons cream. Pleasantly surprised by the cream. Very slick and good protection on the skin. Scent isn’t powerful and reminds me of a hoppy type scent, like warm beer. I like it.

As far as the brush, I recently acquired a synthetic chubby as well, so I’m used to the difference in the synthetic bristle. Easy splay if using the chin to start to splay the bristles. Love these synthetic knots.

Attachments

• CA6DA7D6-35B0-4740-BD79-BA361525CA09.jpeg
    CA6DA7D6-35B0-4740-BD79-BA361525CA09.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I decided to shave today to try the Simpsons cream. Pleasantly surprised by the cream. Very slick and good protection on the skin. Scent isn’t powerful and reminds me of a hoppy type scent, like warm beer. I like it.

As far as the brush, I recently acquired a synthetic chubby as well, so I’m used to the difference in the synthetic bristle. Easy splay if using the chin to start to splay the bristles. Love these synthetic knots.
Nice brush, congratulations. That cream is one of the old range of excellent Simpson creams that are sadly no longer produced. The cream you have is marketed as unscented. Simpson also used to produce a Vanilla and Rose scent which was wonderful and I would like to get again. There was Lavender and Vertivert, and also Cafe Creme which is still available although it is end of line. I have not tried the new cream range as the scents do not appeal to me. The new creams are in plastic tubs which I do not like as much as the tins although they are larger.

Nice brush, congratulations. That cream is one of the old range of excellent Simpson creams that are sadly no longer produced. The cream you have is marketed as unscented. Simpson also used to produce a Vanilla and Rose scent which was wonderful and I would like to get again. There was Lavender and Vertivert, and also Cafe Creme which is still available although it is end of line. I have not tried the new cream range as the scents do not appeal to me. The new creams are in plastic tubs which I do not like as much as the tins although they are larger.

This cream in 125ml size is for sale on Simpson's website currently.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
This cream in 125ml size is for sale on Simpson's website currently.
Correct, that is the point I was trying to make. The old range was at one time around £15 but is now end of line and no longer produced. That is why it is currently heavily discounted at £5 on the web site and why a tin is included free with large purchases. Simpson are clearing the old stock of remaining unscented and cafe creme soaps. No more of these or the other older varieties I mentioned are being produced as far as I know. Instead the focus is on the new lines in the plastic tubs. 👍

Almost a year now, how did the brush work for you?
I just ordered one, also with the jade handle. Same lovely lady replying, very pleasant and helpful.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
That Anna at Vulfix was quite the football star on Man when she was a little younger, you know.

Almost a year now, how did the brush work for you?
I just ordered one, also with the jade handle. Same lovely lady replying, very pleasant and helpful.
So for one reason or another including my own personal life hurdles getting in the way, I had no idea that you asked me this question. Two years later, this brush is going strong for me. It's my semi-daily workhorse seeing a 3 pass shave every two days. It's held up wonderfully and at this point, still one of my favorite shave purchases.

Top Bottom