What's new

Simpson Chubby 2 Shedder

G'day guys, just thought id post this up here so you can follow my experience with my Chubby 2 in Best Badger.

Im expecting this brush will be a warranty replacement but will see maybe it will stop shedding.

The brush was purchased new in October and has been used in a rotation of 3 brushes, however its seen the least use as i started trying soaps and face lathering thus its sat unused for the last month.

It broke in just like my other Simpsons, loosing a few hairs over the first 5-6 shaves then it almost stopped for a few uses then it started shedding around 20-30 hairs for 4-5 shaves.

Since then ive just contacted the shop where i purchased the brush and they instructed me to shampoo the brush and comb it out etc. then to use it every day for a week and then they will go from there.

So it was shampooed last week and allowed to dry for 5 days then combed.

Pre shampoo and comb;
Last week
proxy.php

Post shampoo and combing;
Yesterday
proxy.php

Today another 50-60 hairs..
proxy.php

Ill continue to update this thread.
Travis.

I'm sorry to hear that. I think the pictures will really help your case. Also, I've read that collecting the lost hairs over time will also help your situation with the vendor if you'd like to exchange the brush.

Thanks James, yes im collecting the hairs in a zip lock baggie after these uses. I hadnt read about anyone else doing it i just thought it would back up my case, in case anyone tried saying the photos were of the same hairs each time etc...

Travis.

Thanks for gift heads up, thinking about getting a Chubby1. Good idea to collect the hairs just in case.

Sorry to hear this. I bought a Chubby 2 best last spring and have lost few, if any hairs at all. Hope you get a replacement soon.

Ain't no way that's normal on a $175+ brush. I agree, pics and collected hairs are going to help your case. If the retailer is reputable, they should, at this point, gladly offer an exchange.

I understand that some people might order an expensive brush, lose 2 hairs on the first shave, then feel upset and try to demand a refund. In that situation, I think it's perfectly reasonable for the retailer to ask for a little patience. After all, a 0.000074% tolerance should be acceptable to just about anyone.

Those pictures don't illustrate 2 hairs out of 27,000. They illustrate a problem.

I own most of the high end brushes including several made by Rudy Vey. The only one that ever shed a hair was a Simpson. I don't think a brush should shed like the one you have at all. I would send it back quickly.

That's a horrible sight! You can litterally see your money falling out over the sink!

I think you have a pretty good case for getting a replacement knot/brush

Yes these are horror pictures. Serious case for a replacement and nice job on the documentation. Best of luck !

Thanks for the support guys.

I was kinda in denial about this for a while thus i kinda just stopped using the brush as i didnt know if this level of shedding was acceptable or not.

Shaving with it when it was loosing 5-6hairs per shave initially was bad enough (having to stop and pluck the hairs out of the lather on your face or caught in the razor) but now its a total nightmare! The last 3 shaves have been painfully slow to say the least. I have lost all love for this brush and im dreading using it for the rest of the week.

Travis.

Well, at least you have a clear case of a manufacturing problem if the conditions of use and storage are normal.
It should not be an issue to get a replacement via the vendor.

I am sure in short term you will have a fantastic CH2!

I'd personally give it 5-10 more shaves - you could be surprised. Wait for it to dry completely and then run a comb through it, shave, rinse and repeat. It should settle down, even if you lose another 50/60 hairs.

I'd personally give it 5-10 more shaves - you could be surprised. Wait for it to dry completely and then run a comb through it, shave, rinse and repeat. It should settle down, even if you lose another 50/60 hairs.

I wouldn't give it another second of my time and especially at that price. That is a defective knot, period.

Another day another mass shedding from my Chubby 2. Approx 89 hairs to be exact.

Wednesday
proxy.php

And a shot today with the baggie containing the hairs from the last 3 uses. (If only id started collecting them from the start!)
proxy.php

Travis.

i wouldn't give this any more time either. This should be replaced as it is obviously defective. I have a Chubby 2 and I haven's seen a single hair lost from it so this would really be upsetting if I saw that much loss.

Top Bottom