What's new

Simpson Brushes

Hi guys. I am from the UK. Alex Simpson was my Great Uncle so my family have the privilege of being the original owners of A. Simpson Brushes. It is emotional to see how well respected the brand still is in the US

Hi guys. I am from the UK. Alex Simpson was my Great Uncle so my family have the privilege of being the original owners of A. Simpson Brushes. It is emotional to see how well respected the brand still is in the US

Welcome to the fold Gary :thumbup1:. it's nice to have a "legend" here. It's ironic, I am a die hard Shavemac user, but just today was searching for a fabulous Simpson's brush to add to the collection. Suggestions as to where I might pick some (aside from the normal places like Superior Shave, etc...)? I am debating between the 2-Band and the 3-Band Super or Silvertips.

Gary welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay. You are practically like shaving royalty! I'm very thankful for your family legacy, as the happy owner of 5 (and counting) Simpson brushes!

Well I am no 'legend' but Uncle Alex did know his brushes!! I learnt the craft of hand making brushes from my Grandfather and then my Father (both of them were MDs of Simpsons after Uncle Alex died). The Wee Scot will always, in my eyes, be the best shaving brush ever made. Yes it is tiny (well wee!) but it is better than other brushes twice it's size!
On a personal note, is Simpsons still recognised as a premier brand in the US?

I was VERY close to picking up one of the Chubbys in two band but went with a Rooney instead. I have no doubt I will be getting a Simpson in the near future though!

You are practically like shaving royalty!
I think shaving royalty is probably the only way to describe it!

Simpson is highly spoken of everywhere. I have my first simpson coming soon!
Welcome to B&B. I am sure lots of people will want to pick your brain!:thumbup1:

It was heart wrenching when we had to sell the business in the early 90s. Some of the staff carried on with the new owners (before production moved to the Isle of Man). I am the last of the family line who had any practical experience of the old business. I am sure many people out there would like to know some of the history. I am happy to help - especially if any one wants to know where the brush names came from!! Many have family connections - including one which is connected with me!!

It was heart wrenching when we had to sell the business in the early 90s. Some of the staff carried on with the new owners (before production moved to the Isle of Man). I am the last of the family line who had any practical experience of the old business. I am sure many people out there would like to know some of the history. I am happy to help - especially if any one wants to know where the brush names came from!! Many have family connections - including one which is connected with me!!

We want to know EVERYTHING. :a18:

Simpsons....sounds somehow familiar.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Which one is connected with you Gary...?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Vulfix released the 90th anniversary brush and gave it an Astor handle.

Gary, We must know EVERYTHING!!

Peter. Wow! You probably have as many brushes as we used to carry in cases to customers up in London! Well one brush type you have is the KH. Do you have any idea on the origins of the name?

Peter. Wow! You probably have as many brushes as we used to carry in cases to customers up in London! Well one brush type you have is the KH. Do you have any idea on the origins of the name?

Gary,
I would love to hear about the historical origins of the names behind these brushes.

The KH stands for Key Hole (pretty obvious if you look at the handle shape!). The Duke's are actually named after Alex Simpson (it was his family nickname!). The old KR7 is named after the house that one of the staff lived in (7 Kents Row - in Somerset where the mill used to be). Wee Scot is actually not just after it's size but because of a name connected with the family. The X2 is one of the brushes named by my Grandfather - after my birth!

Top Bottom