What's new

Simpson Brushes - Best Values in their Brush Lineup

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
In terms of resisting more purchases I guess I'm fortunate that Simpsons' webmaster doesn't know how to post good photographs. It's been years since I visited an online shopping site with less helpful photos.

The Simpson which reflects more the soul of Simpson is Berkeley 46 Best Badger.

If you chase the comfort on the face lathering and best ergonomics in hands the Colonel XL2 will be the right choice.

If you want something small but really small you can get iconic Wee Scott

If you already bought above three then it's time to get Fifty Series 55 in the Best.

If you have a hard time with triple milled soaps and any kind of hard soaps any if you are not a cream type of shaver, you can pick a Case 1 Best, with its short loft it will do the job.

If you want a more dense knot you can pick a Chubby 1 Best, with wet fingers take good care to wipe out the lather on the handle, it is slippery and not enough room to handle properly.

If you enjoyed Colonel XL2, do yourself a favour and get a Duke 2 Best you will definitely love it, no... no you can never have enough Simpson:cuppa:

I got a Wee Scot today and I'm sold on badger brushes. I barely loaded some Stirling soap in it and the brush produced an impressive amount of lather. Compared to a G5C synthetic from APShaveCo, the Wee Scot's bristles were pricklier, but that didn't bother me much.
I can probably work with the Wee Scot for a complete shave, what would y'all recommend for a larger brush?

I got a Wee Scot today and I'm sold on badger brushes. I barely loaded some Stirling soap in it and the brush produced an impressive amount of lather. Compared to a G5C synthetic from APShaveCo, the Wee Scot's bristles were pricklier, but that didn't bother me much.
I can probably work with the Wee Scot for a complete shave, what would y'all recommend for a larger brush?
A Duke 3.

My first badger brush was a Commodore x3. It had a nice knot of Best. However, now my only Simpsons are CH2 in Super and a great Duke 3 in Manchurian. The Chubby wasn't terribly expensive and it is an outstanding, DENSE, knot. The Duke is amazing, but value? maybe. I also have a Chubby 2 synthetic, but I would not call it a good value. It feels like a typical synthetic, which is fine, but it costs more than a lot of others that feel the same way.

Top Bottom