What's new

Simple, inexpensive, casual wear shoe?

Check Clarks Wallabees. I've been wearing a pair for a year and they're really comfortable. Suede with many colors available.

Timberland
20F0CD2B-D23E-455D-B8E9-4F2ADDC864B3.jpeg

You might want to consider a pair of Merrell's. I love the Jungle Mocs, and you can dress them up by purchasing a pair in leather (might be under a different name). I get 4-season use out of them.

So, I have been struggling trying to find a well made casual shoe for a good price. The problem is that you can't find a new one at your price point. By "well made", I am talking about a calf skin upper and recraftable soles. I found a pair of Allen Edmonds Wilberts. New they are $300. The pair I found are a gently used pair on eBay for less than $40. I am wearing them for the first time right now and let me tell you, they are great. They look good and are comfortable.

I second the Allen Edmonds Willbert recommendation. Great shoe and it can go through the Allen Edmonds redrafting process. If you're near Allen Edmonds in Port Washington, Wisconsin, this shoe has often been found the summer factory tent sale for well less than retail. Pretty sure mine were under $100.

Depends partly on how easy your feet are to fit. I need a very wide fitting so appreciate Allen Edmonds 3E option in most styles. I’d have many more options if I could wear a medium width. It’s probably saved from having even more shoes!

Old but interesting thread..

Here's an alternate approach that works really, really well with most shoes. Toss the insoles that came with the shoes and fit a set of Superfeet insoles to the shoes. They're a bit pricy but worth it and can be moved from shoe to shoe. Makes all shoes better and lasts a long time.

We have a good local mom/pop shoe store that'll fit them for their customers.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I second the Allen Edmonds Willbert recommendation. Great shoe and it can go through the Allen Edmonds redrafting process. If you're near Allen Edmonds in Port Washington, Wisconsin, this shoe has often been found the summer factory tent sale for well less than retail. Pretty sure mine were under $100.
The Wilbert was the only shoe from AE that I never cared for, no idea why. Second the stop in Port Washington at AE's Shoebank.
Whenever I go there, I spend way too much. We have a customer just one town over, so I be there a few times a year.

Well I went with 2 pair of Ariat. 2 pair will last longer than one! Plus the one pair is waterproof. And just showing the Crocs because I got those Tuesday and damn they are surprisingly comfortable.

View attachment 1038638

Nice choices. I really like the pair on the left. My old man had a pair like that from before I was born that I ended up stealing as a teenager. What’s old is new again. I am late to the game but I was going to say Vans or Blundstones. I have four kids so I find slip on far to convenient.
Enjoy your new footwear and wear them in good health
Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom