What's new

Simple+Inexpensive brush stand for PAA Peregrino (24mm Roswell)

Hi all,

I bought the PAA Peregrino (24mm Roswell) and was looking for a simple stand that would be the right size for this brush's handle.

Can anyone recommend a simple countertop stand that they know would be the right size for this brush and would cost < $10-15 new?

I'm not particular about the aesthetic, even simple stands like this one or this one are fine but I cannot tell if they're the right size (from what I can tell it would need the right size opening and be high enough from so the brush tips don't touch the countertop).

Any recommendations appreciated!

I 'discovered' that the Command broom holder, attached to my sink's mirror makes an excellent brush holder.

Brush Holders.jpg

I 'discovered' that the Command broom holder, attached to my sink's mirror makes an excellent brush holder.

View attachment 1295016
This is exactly what I have as well. If your brush handle is too big to fit in the regular way just pull one pin out, tuck the brush inside behind the rubber keeper then put the pin back in. This setup holds any and all of my varying in size brush handles.

Looks like you're going to have to pull a ruler out and do some measuring. The metal stand you show will accommodate the 27mm brush handle, but maybe not the length of the brush. The plastic one says it will accept 21mm brushes, but I have one of the plastic ones and it accepts larger ones than that, but probably also won't accept the length of the brush. So, unless someone who has the specific brush comes in here with a specific stand, you'll probably have to start measuring and researching, build your own, or use the suggestion above.

Hello David,

This seems like a good solution. I've been looking for something good like this for my Peregrino too.

Eric

The RazoRock brush stand works with my Peregrino:
View attachment 1295119
$5 plus shipping.

Looks like you're going to have to pull a ruler out and do some measuring. The metal stand you show will accommodate the 27mm brush handle, but maybe not the length of the brush. The plastic one says it will accept 21mm brushes, but I have one of the plastic ones and it accepts larger ones than that, but probably also won't accept the length of the brush. So, unless someone who has the specific brush comes in here with a specific stand, you'll probably have to start measuring and researching, build your own, or use the suggestion above.
Agreed on the measuring. There are plenty of brush stands out there that could probably meet the OP's stated requirements. But some of those stands may be too short for the brush to be able to be suspended from the base.

In any case, I bought a West Coast Shaving Stand 315 when it was about $15. It works well for my holding brush and razor; it also has plenty of height. But the OP may want to try something different, or even a brush stand that isn't also a razor stand.

I'd recommend taking a look at the stands out there (here's a link to WCS's shaving stands: Shaving Stands | West Coast Shaving - https://www.westcoastshaving.com/collections/shaving-stands?sort_by=price-ascending) just to get an idea of what's available and what might work for him.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but do synthetic brushes really need a stand? I vigorously shake out excess water then dry it with a towel (painting strokes). Am I harming my synthetic brushes but not suspending them upside down for the additional few minutes they need to fully dry?

Top Bottom