What's new

Similar to YSL Rive Gauche?

I believe that YSL doesn’t make this powerhouse scent anymore but I was just curious if there is anything that smells similar to this scent besides Old Spice (which I already have)?

I got a sample of this:

Rive Gauche type for men

And it's pretty solid. Also got a CdG Black 2 from there that's solid, and they threw in a sample of Oud Minerale that I thought was nice, too.

That said, I also ordered a whole laundry list to try from perfume-parlour and liked all of those -- And they are MUCH more economical than thefragranceshop. I didn't get a chance to do any side by side tests with the 'Real' fragrances they were emulating, but of the ones I was already familiar with I couldn't really tell the difference from memory.

Try Azzaro Pour Homme. It smells similar to RGPH, and it can be found for dirt cheap on the discount fragrance sites.

Between the two, RGPH has a sweet freshness to it that Azzaro Pour Homme doesn't.

If you can find samples/decants of both, they're worth the money.

Azzaro has a 'rougher' scent than RGPH. I find RGPH more elegant. The wife isn't a fan though so I get to wear it infrequently.

The closest for me is Fine American Blend Aftershave. It is potent enough to be a light cologne that also lasts fairly long on me. I find it better than the versions from Razorock and Stirling.

Top Bottom