What's new

Silver Star Super Stainless Impressions

Has anyone used these blades before and if so, what was your experience with them? They came with a shavette I received today. They're made in Egypt by Lord Co.
Silver Star Super Stainless.JPG

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I have them with a different looking package pictured below. If they are the same, mine are made by Lord as well, they are one of my favorites. I've never shaved one out. I've only gone twelve shaves on one. I believe Cal has taken them past 38 shaves on one blade. The picture of the logo on the blade looks like it is the same, and your tuck is a ten count and mine five. It's a great blade
rsz_014.jpg

These are a premium Lord brand and are very nice indeed! I rate them just a notch below my top-tier! Definitely worth a try IMO! :a14::a14:

These are a premium Lord brand and are very nice indeed! I rate them just a notch below my top-tier! Definitely worth a try IMO! :a14::a14:
The tuck came with a shavette I received. Tried it and like the blade a lot. Got a total BBS Shave.

Thanks for sharing this site. I am wanting to try a blade sampler, but I may just make my own!
Making your own at that site is a good option. Buying a couple or five of brands that you think sound promising. A lot of samplers on Amazon and E-Bay don't specify all the makes you get, so you might get some lower level blades. Not bad blades, just some that aren't Worth looking at. It will have some top tiers as well though, IME.

If you buy the 5 or 10 packs, you can use The Great Blade Exchange to exchange any blades left over after you try them for different brands. It costs the two stamps and two envelopes for mailing. At least 10 can be in an envelope with only 1 stamp.

I've used that site before and like it a lot. Great way to try whatever blades you want. I have the All Russian Sampler Pack about ready to test and put in my Journal here.

Top Bottom