What's new

Silver star compared to Feather blades

Trying my first Silver Star, shave 2 today: SURPRISINGLY GOOD!! The blade is smooth and sharp enough. Definitely not Feather sharp IMHO, which works out well for me. Will have to try a few more!

I'm 3 shaves in with my 1st Silver Star in my Ti Timeless .95 and am very happy with the results. Not that I'm surprised by this because I haven't found a blade in the Lord family that hasn't given me a great shave to date!! My go to blades have been Shark SS and SC for over a year now and its good to know that there is another that I can add to my stash so I will be picking up some more of these when I get ready to make my next blade purchase in the future.

Very good blades indeed. Haven't used them in a while so I decided to pick 200 for USD5 from my buddy who imports blades and other shave gear for sale locally here in Malaysia.

Attachments

• IMG20220226130127.jpg
    IMG20220226130127.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I've never tried Silver Star, but from what I've read they're made at the Lord factory in Egypt, which IMHO means that by definition, they're good blades
At a guess, I think they're probably on a par with another "below the radar" Lord blade - Racer Super Class Platinum

I've tried Lord Super Stainless, Lord Platinum Class, Racer Super Stainless, Racer Super Class Platinum, Big Ben Super Stainless, Rainbow Super Stainless and Shark Super Stainless.

IMHO
Racer Super Class Platinum are my favourites and I can get 4 good shaves per blade, a 5th shave is possible, but it's not much fun, they're also less than 9/100 on eBay
http://www.ebay.es/itm/100-Racer-Su...052576?hash=item1a04c338a0:g:1IcAAOSwu4BV1lkR
proxy.php

I can only get 3 good shaves per blade from the rest that I tried, but Shark Super Stainless are my 2nd favourite Lord blades, mainly because they're readily available than the rest and are reasonably priced, but I'd rather spend a little more for Racer Super Class Platinum
I’m a big silver star fan. Haven’t compared them to feather.

Now I’m intrigued about racer super class!
How do these compare to Racer Super Stainless?

Comparing these two :eek2: Seems like quite a few agree silver stars are not that sharp in the current pif blade thread. Silver star is idk more similar to bolzano perhaps. Feather on the 1st shave is wondering if is there ay facial hair to cut when it's already done.

Top Bottom