What's new

Silver Star blades

Just wondering how many people here use Silver Star blades?

Like most people here, I've tried a great number of blades and I find Silver Stars to be very comfortable and long lasting, without compromising on sharpness. Almost as sharp as a Feather, but a lot more comfortable. I've never bothered to use any other blade since.

They go for US$0.25 cents for 10 blades in South East Asia, not kidding. I stock up whenever I travel there and hand them out to my buddies when I get back.

Like most people here, I've tried a great number of blades and I find Silver Stars to be very comfortable and long lasting, without compromising on sharpness. Almost as sharp as a Feather, but a lot more comfortable. I've never bothered to use any other blade since.

They go for US$0.25 cents for 10 blades in South East Asia, not kidding. I stock up whenever I travel there and hand them out to my buddies when I get back.

Hi yapyisoon,

Exactly where in S. E. A. do you find these blades cos I'm from Singapore and I have never heard of them.

I'm game to try them if I can find them.

Cheers,

Mawashi

A few days back, i bought a 50 blades box having 5 packs of 10 blades each for approx 1 US dollar (PKR 150). I bought them based on good reviews by fellow members. To me they are same as Shark SS and Lord Classic as I couldn't feel a noticeable different shaving experience.

Hi yapyisoon,

Exactly where in S. E. A. do you find these blades cos I'm from Singapore and I have never heard of them.

I'm game to try them if I can find them.

Cheers,

Mawashi

Little India in Penang. If there's enough interest here I'll donate some to the Blade Exchange for others to try.

I find Lord Silver Star sharp and smooth. They seem to get good reviews from members, but don't come up in posts very often. I bought 150 in 10 blade "saloon" tucks from an Indian eBay seller a few years ago. There doesn't appear to be many sellers on eBay carrying these blades at this time. Here's a few I could find:
100 Silver Star Super Stainless double edge razor blades | eBay
Silver Star Super Stainless Double Edge Razor Blades
Edit: Oops - it looks like Connaught is temporarily out of stock.

I still have 2 or 3 packs left of the Silver Star. I like it. It's a top sharpness blade. Would buy them if didn't have 500 Super Iridiums and 200 7 o'clock Sharpedge. :001_302:

I had picked up a couple of tucks of these blades last fall and put them aside and forgot about them. I used one for the first time this morning and was very impressed. Really smooth and plenty sharp.

Now, I wished I hadn't waited so long to try them out!

s-l1600.jpg

Top Bottom