What's new

Silver Star blades. What are other shaver's opinions on these please?

I used a Silver Star Tuesday, Thursday and today. I had some nice shaves. No complaints. I don't think they have the sharpness that @Medivh is looking for. For my beard they work great, more similar to a Personna Israeli Red than a Nacet or Bic.
They are very smooth. Once a blade is sharp enough to cut your hair, there is only marginal benefit to going sharper that that. You still benefit from improved smoothness, though.

The razor also makes a difference:

Mild razor + very sharp blade = effective combo
Aggressive razor + mid-sharp blade = effective combo

I like these SilverStar blades...very cheap and perform well. I find them to be sharpish, smooth, and comfortable. Since these blades are so cheap at my place...I'll usually use it for no more than 3 shaves...as you can see...only USD4.82 for 200 blades...
20201122_191326.jpg

Thanks, @Atlantic59 !!
Yup, I am in Malaysia and we do get loads of DE blades from India and some from China, but really a lot from India.

@newguy67 @Hak.1963 I wish I am in the US so I can get cheaper soaps, AS and razors too...hahaha. It's always like that ain't it? If you can travel here (it's opening up slowly)...you can load up as much the DE blades... 😆

I find the local JAWS DE blade is the best overall...apologies for bringing up a different blade other the OP.
20200816_200406.jpg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks, @Atlantic59 !!
Yup, I am in Malaysia and we do get loads of DE blades from India and some from China, but really a lot from India.

@newguy67 @Hak.1963 I wish I am in the US so I can get cheaper soaps, AS and razors too...hahaha. It's always like that ain't it? If you can travel here (it's opening up slowly)...you can load up as much the DE blades... 😆

I find the local JAWS DE blade is the best overall...apologies for bringing up a different blade other the OP.
View attachment 1352479
Cool package on the jaws!

Thanks to each and every one of you for your comments on this thread. I still have several other brands to try from my sampler. If I can't find a brand that is as good as the Silver Stars, then it will be the said blades that I will be buying in bulk.

Jason.

Hi @Chard52142, I am from Malaysia as well and I am looking for Silverstar blades and maybe even the jaws blades. Where can I find them?
Hey, thanks for asking. Depending on where you are from in Malaysia, you can find Silverstar blades at Mydin if not mistaken. Over there they tend to sell in the bulk of 100s.
The picture where I showed is in an Indian store just off Jonker Walk in Melaka. I tend to find many varieties of blades in these Indian stores. I can find heaps of blades at Mustapa too if they ever stock up.
The JAWS blade is only found in 1 shop here in JB near my house... 😬😬 not sure if they still have them in stock.

Top Bottom