What's new

Silver Star: A Hidden Gem? Paired with my RR Wunderbar Slant

My Wunderbar makes it really hard to shave with other razors because it's so wonderfully efficient.
I paired it with a blade I have never used in any razor, the Silver Star made by Lord. I bought 100 for less than nine dollars including shipping from India. This blade was exceptionally smooth and efficient and the shave was absolutely wonderful and close with no irritaion, no nicks, cuts or weepers.
Snap up these bargain blades. I have a feeling that they a hidden gem?
Who else has tried them?

Love 'em! :thumbup:
upload_2017-3-17_5-12-34.png

:001_rolle Should I be embarrassed?

:blushing: Was purchasing 200 for 10 GBP shipped over the top? :laugh: They're definitely great blades IMO.
No reason to be embarrassed at all my friend... I've even thought about giving them a try. I'm sure at some point I will. I just need to get through the other 20+ blades I've wanted to try first!!

Have you compared these to Polsilver SI? I really like the Silver Stars so far, and you seemed on your referenced thread to indicate that they last as long as my favorite (which I've tested), the Polsilver SI. Interestingly I've found on side by side tests that the Astra SP is smoother in the PAA Bakelite than the Polsivler, but I've never tried the Silver Star in that razor. Price wise the SS seems an amazing bargain.

Have you compared these to Polsilver SI? I really like the Silver Stars so far, and you seemed on your referenced thread to indicate that they last as long as my favorite (which I've tested), the Polsilver SI.
I've used both, and really like both... but I haven't compared them properly.

Interestingly I've found on side by side tests that the Astra SP is smoother in the PAA Bakelite than the Polsivler, but I've never tried the Silver Star in that razor. Price wise the SS seems an amazing bargain.
I like both the Silver Star and the Polsilver SI in my Phoenix Bakelite (Feather, Personna Red, and Zaza too, for that matter).
I've never trialled an Astra SP, but I do have one (along with numerous other varieties) in my "blades for trialling" tin. :001_rolle

I've used both, and really like both... but I haven't compared them properly.

I like both the Silver Star and the Polsilver SI in my Phoenix Bakelite (Feather, Personna Red, and Zaza too, for that matter).
I've never trialled an Astra SP, but I do have one (along with numerous other varieties) in my "blades for trialling" tin. :001_rolle
Just ran a comparison and posted a thread. To my surprise I once again preferred the Astra SP in the PAA Bakelite slant over the Silver Star. Now I want to make it clear that this is for this razor ONLY. The PAA Bakelite Slant just really likes the Astra, but I've not found the Astra to be as good in other razors as say, the Polsilver SI, or even the Rapira Platinum Lux, or the SuperMax Super Platinum, and I suspect I'll find I like the the Silver Star in other razors because it's wonderful in my RR Wunderbar slant. I want to now test other smooth (though perhaps not the sharpes) blades to see how they do in the PAA Bakelite slant, because I suspect they will pair well.

Silver Star blades are back in stock at Connaught Shaving. Good prices, good service. I bought from them and was pleased with their service. They are located in the U.K. Any order between 10 and 500 accepted.

Silver Star Super Stainless Double Edge Razor Blades
I bought some from an Indian seller on Ebay USA. Egypt via India. I like them a lot. I'm trying them in all my favorite razors.
I'm posting a new thread tomorrow on my recently acquired Futur clone. $8 shipping included, and it works just as well as the Futur itself. I did a side by side comparison loading them both with a Rapira Platinum Lux. Great shave!

Based on the rave reviews I have ordered 200 from Connaught to split between 3 people. I've ordered from them before and the items have arrived quickly, so they should get here much quicker than from India.

Based on the rave reviews I have ordered 200 from Connaught to split between 3 people. I've ordered from them before and the items have arrived quickly, so they should get here much quicker than from India.
I also ordered 200 Silver Star Blades from
Connaught, back during the time when SS
Was first starting to get any recognition and the shipping was fast the Price was
The best on the internet , at that time the
Exchange Rate from GBP to $U.S.D. set
The price at $13.US for 200 blades

Top Bottom