What's new

Silver quarter in Walnut

Takes a long time to grow a walnut tree around a quarter. 1951 quarter in there :)

6CF54482-16C5-45EC-B570-7910D8CE2AFE.jpeg

02DD873A-3991-4F55-9EE4-33D951AE117B.jpeg
979B2ABB-89BD-4D70-A786-6DC094C013C1.jpeg

You are much more patient than I am if you waited for that tree to grow around the quarter so you could make that awesome brush.
I really like it so I hope you don't take this question as a criticism. I'm curious why you didn't reveal more of the quarter?

:) I am not thin skinned guys, so don’t be worried about hurting my feelings one bit! I actually couldn’t even imagine that question bothering anyone......but I have been told by folks working for me that I can be a bit shrewd at times :)

So I was hoping someone would ask about the silver quarter actually. It’s a trick. It would be easy enough to put one in by either cutting a slot before glue up or drilling deep in the socket even, but that’s not what I did. It is not a whole quarter. It is only the part you see :) I punched the center out of some silver quarters a few years back to make some rings for friends and family and have all these centers. This handle gave me fits and I had an ugly spot dead center from a mishap, so I drilled out a hole to accommodate the quarter-center. Good use of a piece of silver :) Hope no one feels significantly duped!

I had thought of several different ways to put the quarter in like that. However it being only part of a quarter didn't cross my mind. I even thought I saw a seam in the wood were two parts were glued together.
Good job on using an interesting artifact to fix a flaw in the handle.

PS you just never know these days what people may take a offense to. I'm not super P.C. but I do try to word things well especially in text. It's much easier to communicate certain things verbally. Voice inflection and facial expressions make up such a huge part of communication.

PS you just never know these days what people may take a offense to. I'm not super P.C. but I do try to word things well especially in text. It's much easier to communicate certain things verbally. Voice inflection and facial expressions make up such a huge part of communication.

I am a 77 model, so I notice we are about the same age. I too have to try harder to be more thoughtful in my word choice - text and face to face. My father was a coach who acted like a drill sergeant.....so I wasn’t well trained on feelings unfortunately. Now I have all daughters so they have been working on me for a couple decades which has helped :)

I am a 77 model, so I notice we are about the same age. I too have to try harder to be more thoughtful in my word choice - text and face to face. My father was a coach who acted like a drill sergeant.....so I wasn’t well trained on feelings unfortunately. Now I have all daughters so they have been working on me for a couple decades which has helped :)

I've got two girls and a boy none yet a teenager. My wife is constantly "ENCOURAGING!" me to do better with the kids. I struggled with severe depression for over 30 years around 25 of which I never talked to anyone about it. I hid it well but it was hard to care about others feelings when I was struggling with my own so much. Now that I'm doing much better I am trying to do better with others feelings too.

Top Bottom