What's new

Silver Blue

agreed im not that huge of a fan of the blacks i dont see what the fuss is with those. the silver blue and yellow for me is a far better blade.

I get even better shaves on day two with a GSB. I think on day one the edge is super sharp and I get little nicks and weepers trying to get my shave too close. Days 2, 3, and 4 are usually equally nice shaves for me. I will sometimes go to day 5, although lately I've been experimenting so much I don't stay with a blade as long as I should....to see how long it really lasts.

Sometimes I wish I just had one kind of blade. Then I would shave with each blade until it no longer provided a good shave. I would likely go through far less blades. Conversely, I could just exercise some willpower and stick with one blade until it's done, ignoring all the other blades. Probably explains why my waistline keeps expanding as well. Lack of willpower.

Probably explains why my waistline keeps expanding as well. Lack of willpower.

...not to mention all the great Mexican food we are exposed to everyday! :001_cool:

I am a big fan of the GSB's too.

Silver Blue are the best blades I have ever tried. I have 7 O'clock yellows which give me a good three days, but GSB can give me a good five shaves.

Silver Blue are the best blades I have ever tried. I have 7 O'clock yellows which give me a good three days, but GSB can give me a good five shaves.

+1
I put a Silver Blue in a FaTip and it gave me my first true BBS.
It was like the stubble just disappeared as the razor touched my face.
For me, 7 O'Clock Blacks and English Wilkinsons come only a distant second :thumbup:

The GSB and Blacks are my favorites in my Merkur. It is almost a coin flip to which one is better.
I do love that they work well in my other razors too!!

I'm keep trying to love the GSB but they leave me raw for 2 days... I'm too stubborn to get rid of them but wonder why I keep them after another irritated shave. I guess they just aren't for me. I'll probably PIF them when I get a chance...

Wow, so far Med Preps and the Perma Sharp supers have been my favorite... but reading about these blades makes me wanna get 100 of them. I have a tough beard, so if these are as sharp as everyone is saying, they may easily work for me!! If they don't I'll sell them cheap..... I suspect that they will work, at least in one of my razors...

John H.

I've been using the Astra Platinum fairly regularly...smooth shaver and no nicks but NOT very sharp. Started using the Gillette Silver Blue 4 days ago with the same razor (Red Tip). WOW... very smooth and very sharp! I like it better than the Green, Yellow, or Black.

Awaiting the arrival of my Silver Blues, and doing so with a lot of excitement. I get to replace my Astra Superior Platinum blades, which for me last two shaves maximum. I was given a box of the Astra blades for free and have two left. I'll likely give them to my father along with the vintage Gillette be wants... If I can find one in remarkable shape, that is. I'm really hoping the Silver Blues are my salvation!

Just had a wonderful 3-pass shave with a GSB in a super speed. I even tried a little blade buffing on my neck problem areas(I chickened out before I got to BBS there, but still, that's the smoothest I've ever got in those spots)Overall, 98% BBS with ZERO irritation and ZERO blood donation. Now in my top 5.

Top Bottom