What's new

Silly question regarding razors

So for my shavette, what I do is buy DE razor blades and split them in two.
However, when I split them in two, on either side - the part where the blade broke off, that's bent and retains the bend.
Is there a way you guys deal with this or just pop the blade into the shavette with that portion still bent?
I know it's a silly question but I was just wondering if there's a right way to do it. As of now, I just pop them inside the shavette even though they've got the bent sides.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Most DE blades can be cut in half with a decent pair of scissors. That is what I use. Try it, you might be surprised.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Yeah that little bit of bend doesn't hurt a thing, in any shavette I have ever used. But use scissors if you can't stop worrying about it.

So for my shavette, what I do is buy DE razor blades and split them in two.
However, when I split them in two, on either side - the part where the blade broke off, that's bent and retains the bend.
Is there a way you guys deal with this or just pop the blade into the shavette with that portion still bent?
I know it's a silly question but I was just wondering if there's a right way to do it. As of now, I just pop them inside the shavette even though they've got the bent sides.
I have done it both ways and I really didn't find much of a difference between the two. I find the 'break them in the wrapper' method to be the easiest. The bend doesn't really get in the way of a good shave -- the blade holder takes care of that.

If it is a focus shavette the head (identical to the se r48) might actually use the bend as a lock spring

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
If it is a focus shavette the head (identical to the se r48) might actually use the bend as a lock spring
The Focus Al requires the bend. The only exception I have found are the Derby precut barber blades that have two sticker spots on one side of the blade which will hold its position in the holder.

Top Bottom