What's new

Silent Thunder

Ok, so I'm the new kid on the block, and I searched "air rifles." Only thing I found was 2 and 3 years old, and there seemed to be confusion about cost/benefit when it came to pests.

This is my .22 Benjamin Marauder PCP. Entry level cost wise, as you can easily spend over $2K if you want bragging rights and something that looks fancy.
This rifle is about $500 plus another $130 for the scope.
I got a big carbon fiber 4500psi tank for another $800. ( you can get a smaller one or a used scuba tank for under $100, but you will have to fill up more often) Fill it up at the local scuba shop for $10.00, gets me about 3,000 shots.

This rifle can hang with the big boys and is absolutely one of the quietest out there, 100% "backyard friendly."
That's why I call it "Silent Thunder."
I know this for a fact because Hopalong Cassidy goes out to his friends places and eliminates pests while the neighbor "Karen" has a pool party with her gun hating friends.

All the while taking 1,000+ squirrels on my own place. No misses, no crawl offs. Had the rifle about 6 years.
You can really pile these ground squirrels up because the only noise is the impact thump.
The squirrels don't scatter like they do with a .22 LR or .17 HMR

Granted you can reach our farther with a rimfire but the Marauder is good to 100 yds. I can't see a squirrel at 100 yards with the naked eye anyway.

Anyway here is my rifle, synthetic stock is 1lb lighter than wood. The grouping is 10 shots @50 yds.
The fence line out back is 62yds.
Once you get out past 50 yds, depending on wind, you can chart your mil dot holdover fairly easy.
P1020128.JPG
P1020131.JPG
P1020129.JPG
IMG_0260.jpeg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
While I have not taken any tree rats with the above Air Arms PCP, it certainly has the accuracy to do so.

Top Bottom