What's new

Significant Milestone in Learning How to Shave

I feel I've reached a shaving milestone. Thank you for advice regarding razors, blades, brushes and the use of shaving soap. I realize I came kicking, screaming, and argumentative at times.

This video has been one of the most instructive resources to date in learning how to shave.

I tried to replicate his processes today with regard to making and using later with a Schick E type circa 1930's-40's. I love this little jewel of a razor.

Yes, it took longer than shaving cream and two passes, but I got one very quality result.

The first part, where the barber goes to town with the clippers took me back 49 years to that first boot camp haircut. We were young, scared kids, mostly.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I feel I've reached a shaving milestone. Thank you for advice regarding razors, blades, brushes and the use of shaving soap. I realize I came kicking, screaming, and argumentative at times.

This video has been one of the most instructive resources to date in learning how to shave.

I tried to replicate his processes today with regard to making and using later with a Schick E type circa 1930's-40's. I love this little jewel of a razor.

Yes, it took longer than shaving cream and two passes, but I got one very quality result.

Interesting video.

What were the main "eureka" elements for you in the video, that you hadn't gleaned from the written word on the forum?

Interesting video.

What were the main "eureka" elements for you in the video, that you hadn't gleaned from the written word on the forum?
How the lathering evolved in consistency. His use of the latering .His keeping the later on the blade. How he stretched the skin and got under the nose, his many passes. How he felt the skin. I used what I gleaned to shave this morning. While I’m using inexperienced soap, I got it working beautifully or a rich lather. Took my time.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
You say you got a quality shave. Quality is everything, imho
The video is an A+! That barber is quite an artist. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom