What's new

Signature Thanksgiving Side Dish

Turkey usually is the star of the Thanksgiving Dinner. However, usually, there are some side dishes that are always hits and folks ask for them again. It could be a salad, or a vegetable dish, or anything.

In my home, it is the Italian Dressing for the turkey. It consists of sweet Italian sausage, chopped beef - or hamburger as my wife calls it - roasted pine nuts, onions, white raisins, parsley, Parmesan cheese, chicken stock, and various spices. My grandmother passed the recipe on to my mother and now it is a staple at my house as well as my sister's house and with our children.

What are some of the staple or star side dishes with your Thanksgiving dinner?

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

thnks.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Italian Dressing for the turkey. It consists of sweet Italian sausage, chopped beef - or hamburger as my wife calls it - roasted pine nuts, onions, white raisins, parsley, Parmesan cheese, chicken stock, and various spices.

That sounds delicious!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
We always have the same sides, all vegetarian friendly. Blanched haricot vert tossed in olive oil, minced garlic, and grated Parmigiana with bits of torn baguette and heated just a little. Sweet potatoes, multi-colored fingerlings, and parsnips roasted with a savory rub. Dressing loaded with pecans and fresh sage from the garden. "Giblet" gravy made with a butter roux, vegetable stock, Sherry, salt and pepper, and shiitakes. The star once we are watching football is home made chipotle mayonnaise for turkey sandwiches on Aloha rolls (HEB riff on King's Hawaiian).

We always have the same sides, all vegetarian friendly. Blanched haricot vert tossed in olive oil, minced garlic, and grated Parmigiana with bits of torn baguette and heated just a little. Sweet potatoes, multi-colored fingerlings, and parsnips roasted with a savory rub. Dressing loaded with pecans and fresh sage from the garden. "Giblet" gravy made with a butter roux, vegetable stock, Sherry, salt and pepper, and shiitakes. The star once we are watching football is home made chipotle mayonnaise for turkey sandwiches on Aloha rolls (HEB riff on King's Hawaiian).
Recently, I was traveling from Florida to home in AZ and stopped off at an HEB store in the little town of Sequin, TX. I was very impressed with their produce section and the variety in the store.

Believe it or not, and as simple as it is,my signature dish is cranberry relish. My BIL said he never liked cranberries til he tasted mine. The family always asks, every year, "Are you making the cranberries?"

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1369985
My signature dish I bring every year is scalloped sweet potatoes, they have parmesan and asiago cheese topped with caramelized onions.
I hope I remember to show this to my wife!

We have been making some sweet potato "chips" with a little cinnamon and sugar/honey to taste.... This looks like something she would love. Thank you my friend.

Top Bottom