What's new

Sight adjustment

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
You guys have me jonesin to get to the range and shoot this damn thing!!

Lol’d @jonesin. Good to hear! Jonesin is a good thing. Sounds like you know what you want with your shooting and have a good plan on how to get there, so you are definitely heading in the right direction. Jonesin is the best instructor/ teacher there is!

As long as you keep having fun and are excited to get out there, you will get to where you want to be.

1) HK model?
Is it pistol or rifle
2) ammo used (this might shift your poi)
3) distance you want to zero it

Windage usually by moving back sight....

You can also zero at home using a laser bore sighter..... and then verify at range

You can zero on a bench rest, but then it may shift freehanded.....

Pistol HK VP9 (Canadian version, SFP9)
I have never heard of a bore sight laser - just looked it up. Cool!
Remington 119 grain and Blaser 124 grain.
10 yards

Lol’d @jonesin. Good to hear! Jonesin is a good thing. Sounds like you know what you want with your shooting and have a good plan on how to get there, so you are definitely heading in the right direction. Jonesin is the best instructor/ teacher there is!

As long as you keep having fun and are excited to get out there, you will get to where you want to be.

Thank you, I do enjoy it and look forward to many years of fun towards retirement and after.
I'm pretty persistent and quick to learn. I may get into some competitive shooting when I feel I'm ready.
Right now just finding my groove and trying to get proficient with everything I own.
Good times ahead.

I would keep front sight centered (and never touch it)
Use. a sight pusher to adjust the back sight. Fire it rested some 5 groups and see where it impacts , then fire it free handed and see where it lands.... (you move the back towards the direction you want it to hit)
That particular gun you can adjust grip to your liking...that might be all that is needed
Many times once we get used to a particular gun shooting we get to mater it and no adjustment is needed....

Quick update, ran off to the range tonight. I had to know....
These are both 3 clips. (30 shots at 30 feet - 10 yds)
Before adjustment fresh out of the box, All shots left of center were aimed far left of center after a heavy grouping just right.

proxy.php

Tonight's go,

proxy.php

Happy camper! Any strays are user error but definitely a better centered group overall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom