What's new

Sig Sauer P938 Upgrades

I just ordered some upgrade goodies for my Sig P938.

1. Tillamook trigger upgrade. Stainless adjustable trigger to replace the Sig resin trigger. The trigger should reduce the reset range and I can hopefully smooth down the ridges to reduce the bite.

2. One piece stainless guide rod to replace the two piece rod that came on the pistol. The Sig guide rod has a nasty habit of separating while you are firing and launching the rod down range.

3. McCarbo spring upgrade kit. Comes with a reduced tension hammer spring and reduced pressure firing pin spring. Supposedly reduces trigger pull. But we shall see.

When I install these upgrades I will be polishing the feed ramp and the hammer friction surfaces with some Flitz and a Dremmel. Hopefully these upgrades will result in a lighter and smoother trigger pull and improved reliability. I will be hanging on to the Sig springs just in case I start getting light strikes. The Sig community says they work great, but the proof is in the pudding.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I just ordered some upgrade goodies for my Sig P938.

1. Tillamook trigger upgrade. Stainless adjustable trigger to replace the Sig resin trigger. The trigger should reduce the reset range and I can hopefully smooth down the ridges to reduce the bite.

2. One piece stainless guide rod to replace the two piece rod that came on the pistol. The Sig guide rod has a nasty habit of separating while you are firing and launching the rod down range.

3. McCarbo spring upgrade kit. Comes with a reduced tension hammer spring and reduced pressure firing pin spring. Supposedly reduces trigger pull. But we shall see.

When I install these upgrades I will be polishing the feed ramp and the hammer friction surfaces with some Flitz and a Dremmel. Hopefully these upgrades will result in a lighter and smoother trigger pull and improved reliability. I will be hanging on to the Sig springs just in case I start getting light strikes. The Sig community says they work great, but the proof is in the pudding.

Smart upgrades. I have a friend who has the McCarbo springs in his 938 Scorpion. It's exactly what the doctored ordered. Let us know how it feels and shoots when it's upgraded.

Smart upgrades. I have a friend who has the McCarbo springs in his 938 Scorpion. It's exactly what the doctored ordered. Let us know how it feels and shoots when it's upgraded.
The kit also includes a sear spring, but I’m leery of messing with that. I’ve heard it’s a nightmare to get in.

I did all those upgrades a couple of years ago on mine, and also the little P238, except for the filtz/dremel. I lightly touched the hammer and sear surface with a ultra fine ceramic stone, just do not care for a dremel on those surfaces. My trigger pulls are crisp and barely over 5 lbs, low enough for a small pistol like this.

I did all those upgrades a couple of years ago on mine, and also the little P238, except for the filtz/dremel. I lightly touched the hammer and sear surface with a ultra fine ceramic stone, just do not care for a dremel on those surfaces. My trigger pulls are crisp and barely over 5 lbs, low enough for a small pistol like this.
Good to hear. That’s what I’m hoping for. If it works well on my 938, I’ll probably do the same on wifey’s 238. That is if she approves.

Good to hear. That’s what I’m hoping for. If it works well on my 938, I’ll probably do the same on wifey’s 238. That is if she approves.
Hey TexOkie, What’s the update on the aftermarket parts you installed on your sig p938? I’m finally looking at moving in the same direction and would love your feedback. Thanks man

Top Bottom