What's new

Sig Sauer P365. Maiden Voyage

OMG-beauty rig!

Leather has soul; Kydex, none.

It's the difference between a Zippo and a Bic ... Choices: defines who you are.

AA

Agreed, and I love my leather gear, but I must admit I draw better from Jude’s, and don’t worry about scratching it up nearly as much. Like a suit, I dress up with leather, but for everyday knocking around, I prefer kydex.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Agreed, and I love my leather gear, but I must admit I draw better from Jude’s, and don’t worry about scratching it up nearly as much. Like a suit, I dress up with leather, but for everyday knocking around, I prefer kydex.

+1

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I finally broke down and bought a Kydex holster. I still don't like it. It does kinda work but only minimally and it definitely has absolutely no life or soul. It will get consigned to the Box of Shame as soon as I find a leather replacement.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

Sometimes style and substance take a back seat to practicality.

I use Bic lighters, too.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I finally broke down and bought a Kydex holster. I still don't like it. It does kinda work but only minimally and it definitely has absolutely no life or soul. It will get consigned to the Box of Shame as soon as I find a leather replacement.

"Box of Holsters Which Have Failed to Live Up to Expectations and Internet Hype."

Yours is shorter; I like it.

AA

Took my new P365 (along with a few others) out today and ran 30-40 rounds through it. What a nice piece of work! It fits my hand perfectly, recoil is very manageable (though that's never bothered me much), and for a first tryout, it was very accurate. Went with a friend recovering from cancer treatments, so we only stayed a couple of hours, and took turns on the lane. We shot mostly at 7 yards, with one magazine full at 10 yards. I managed to keep most shots in the center 3" circle and was quite pleased. I think I've found my new carry gun. Looking forward to the next time!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Took my new P365 (along with a few others) out today and ran 30-40 rounds through it. What a nice piece of work! It fits my hand perfectly, recoil is very manageable (though that's never bothered me much), and for a first tryout, it was very accurate. Went with a friend recovering from cancer treatments, so we only stayed a couple of hours, and took turns on the lane. We shot mostly at 7 yards, with one magazine full at 10 yards. I managed to keep most shots in the center 3" circle and was quite pleased. I think I've found my new carry gun. Looking forward to the next time!

Congrats on finding your EDC Doc!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
First step, I ordered the Maglula Uplula.
Next week I'll get a couple of 12 round mags and load them up.
Hopefully get the P365 next month, if available.

Congrats on finding your EDC Doc!

Yep, I'm very happy with it. I went from 1911 carry for several years, to a Sig P229, then to a Sig P239, and now to the P365. Never had occasion to use any of them (and hope I never do!), but I'm more comfortable with than without. Loaded with good defensive ammo, currently Federal Hydra-Shok, I think the 9mm would do just fine, if ever needed.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

Congrats on the new pistol! Like we keep on expressing, the hype is real. :thumbup: :a29:

First step, I ordered the Maglula Uplula.
Next week I'll get a couple of 12 round mags and load them up.
Hopefully get the P365 next month, if available.

Awesome! The first step is the hardest of all. :001_smile It seems like you should be able to find one now. For the past month or so I've seen them consistently available at a couple different online retailers.

It’s getting crowded in here with P365 owners. :)

Normally, I'm not a fan of crowds, but I'm liking this shindig.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
First torture/abuse test of the Sig Sauer P365 has made it to Youtube.

proxy.php
Poor little fella...

... That was pretty brutal!
proxy.php

Top Bottom