What's new

Sig Sauer P365. Maiden Voyage

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I would have hit the 2000 round mark today, but I was called in to work about 15-20 minutes after I got to the range. I managed to squeeze off 50 rounds of Federal American Eagle Syntech 124gr, and 50 rounds of Speer Lawman 124gr TMJ. I was in the groove for the 100 that I did, so I was disappointed that I had to cut the session short. I might try to get out there tomorrow.

Building this amount of "muscle memory" is needed, in depending on a new pistol for SD carry. IMO.

One of the reasons I'm hesitating on this P365 is not the price, but the commitment to getting really routine on using a new gun for SD, such as Claudel has done. This will require a bunch of range trips ...

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Building this amount of "muscle memory" is needed, in depending on a new pistol for SD carry. IMO.

One of the reasons I'm hesitating on this P365 is not the price, but the commitment to getting really routine on using a new gun for SD, such as Claudel has done. This will require a bunch of range trips ...

AA

It's been really easy for me transitioning from carrying a Glock 19 off duty for the last 20+ to carrying my smaller and lighter Sig P365. We have to qualify with our off duty's we carry and if I wouldn't have pulled two shots at the 25 from the weak side barricade, I would of shot a perfect score with this little booger.

It really does shoot like a big gun. I mean, it's not much bigger then a .380, but I don't know if I would have wanted too, or tried to put almost 2000 rounds thru a Ruger LCP in just a few months? And Erik and myself are almost there with our P365's. And we might not have done that if we weren't actually trying to see if they would break because of all the initial reports of stuff going wrong with it when it first hit production.

I think if /when you do pull the trigger on purchasing one Mike, not only do I believe all the problems are a thing of the past, but for a small gun, it's grip ergonomics gives it a good feel in a wide range of hand sizes; and while I haven't put thousands of rounds thru a PPQ or VP9, I think for a smaller gun, The P365's trigger can compete with them, and they have two of the best triggers on a striker fired, that I have ever had the pleasure to shoot.

I have been shooting a Glock for so long, many other pistol's just feel weird to me when I first pick them up. But this thing points so well, and holds well and shoots well and carries well. And with lots and lots of bullets. :)

It just checks all the boxes for a carry gun to me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It's been really easy for me transitioning from carrying a Glock 19 off duty for the last 20+ to carrying my smaller and lighter Sig P365. We have to qualify with our off duty's we carry and if I wouldn't have pulled two shots at the 25 from the weak side barricade, I would of shot a perfect score with this little booger.

It really does shoot like a big gun. I mean, it's not much bigger then a .380, but I don't know if I would have wanted too, or tried to put almost 2000 rounds thru a Ruger LCP in just a few months? And Erik and myself are almost there with our P365's. And we might not have done that if we weren't actually trying to see if they would break because of all the initial reports of stuff going wrong with it when it first hit production.

I think if /when you do pull the trigger on purchasing one Mike, not only do I believe all the problems are a thing of the past, but for a small gun, it's grip ergonomics gives it a good feel in a wide range of hand sizes; and while I haven't put thousands of rounds thru a PPQ or VP9, I think for a smaller gun, The P365's trigger can compete with them, and they have two of the best triggers on a striker fired, that I have ever had the pleasure to shoot.

I have been shooting a Glock for so long, many other pistol's just feel weird to me when I first pick them up. But this thing points so well, and holds well and shoots well and carries well. And with lots and lots of bullets. :)

It just checks all the boxes for a carry gun to me.

It's true I could and would, dryfire it a lot ... probably at the TV!

Really admire my cousin's copy, and I surely will run a hundred rounds through his soon.

Did you see the review on the integral light? and more such things will come.

BTW: I specifically avoided an event last Friday ... held near a sporting goods place ... that had the gun for $499 ... for that reason!

This dog is walking around with the dog biscuit held atop his nose! And it smells sooooooooooooo good...........

AA

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

I agree. I've probably pushed this little sucker harder than I did my HKs. I really wanted to see what it could do, and it's done nothing but impress me so far. Since my range session yesterday was cut short, I had to get back there today after work and pumped 350 rounds through it in a little less than an hour...

Which means that I hit 2000 today! Everything's still working and holding up just fine. With the addition of the 100 rounds that went through it yesterday. I haven't cleaned it in 450 rounds, and it looks surprisingly good inside. Now that I've put it through it's paces, it'll be nice to get back to shooting my HKs once again as well.

OkieStubble

Nice job getting it to 2000 Erik. I’m still about 400 rounds out from 2000 and cleaned it last at 800, so about 800 rounds in now on a dirty gun and I also thought it looked surprisingly clean. I really do think, Sig just pushed it into production way to early and might not have pushed any of initial production test guns to 2000, I dunno.

I bought mine in July and you got yours in November, so you definitely rode yours a lot harder to get to 2000 then I did.

I feel confident enough to think these later production pistols are good to go for EDC.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Thanks, Rob. I like that you're treating yours more like your Glocks and have been keeping it a bit dirty. It's nice throwing that variable into the mix. I don't mind cleaning mine, so I try to after everytime I take it to the range.

OkieStubble

Thanks, Rob. I like that you're treating yours more like your Glocks and have been keeping it a bit dirty. It's nice throwing that variable into the mix. I don't mind cleaning mine, so I try to after everytime I take it to the range.

Was off work today and went to the range with a buddy during his lunch break. Put 250 more rounds thru the P365 in less than an hour, so he could decide if he wanted one or not. I'm at 1850 on round count now and around a 1050 without a cleaning. So far, so good.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Hm. Noticed there was an 8-round mag for PM9, and ordered one ... because 8+1 is almost 10.

And is way cheaper than buying a new micro-9.

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I carry my PM9 with the 7 rnd. in the gun and the 8 rnd. as my reload mag. So a total of 16 rnds. available. (7+1 & 8)

But I still want the SIG P365!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I carry my PM9 with the 7 rnd. in the gun and the 8 rnd. as my reload mag. So a total of 16 rnds. available. (7+1 & 8)

But I still want the SIG P365!

Yes, we are in the same boat!

I carry 6+1 usually, makes the gun so compact for pocket carry. But with the 8 rounder, switch to another method, I may feel less shortchanged.

AA

OkieStubble

Yes, we are in the same boat!

I carry 6+1 usually, makes the gun so compact for pocket carry. But with the 8 rounder, switch to another method, I may feel less shortchanged.

AA

If you can make room in your heart for 8 rounds, you can find room for 10 and 12, you big ole' softy? :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If you can make room in your heart for 8 rounds, you can find room for 10 and 12, you big ole' softy? :)

But 8+1 is ALMOST 10! It's so close.

If needed, I'll steal a line from "A Bridge Too Far," where a Brit paratrooper, low on ammo, shouts at the Germans:
"Stand still, you buggers! These bullets cost money!"

I should be shooting cousin's P365 this Sunday.

AA

OkieStubble

But 8+1 is ALMOST 10! It's so close.

If needed, I'll steal a line from "A Bridge Too Far," where a Brit paratrooper, low on ammo, shouts at the Germans:
"Stand still, you buggers! These bullets cost money!"

I should be shooting cousin's P365 this Sunday.

AA

One of my all-time favorite movies! :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Fondled a P365 today at Academy Sports. Normal price of $499.00. Love the big dot front sight! Unfortunately will have to wait a couple of months to bring one home, but it will happen!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Fondled a P365 today at Academy Sports. Normal price of $499.00. Love the big dot front sight! Unfortunately will have to wait a couple of months to bring one home, but it will happen!

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know ...

SIG quality is drool-worthy in general, and the engineering on this one came from Above ...

but the PM9 is a fine gun you know. and we already HAVE that one.

AA

Yep..it’ll take 12 rounds.
However you will need two men and a boy to force them all in the magazine. Far too much like work.........

0A7A3876-1445-46F1-93C6-6FCADBA351E4.jpeg
3F2FCDD2-603D-44AC-A09E-46E9CDFE7093.jpeg
@nortac
The P365 is a great EDC pistol but a proper carry holster is a must. I humbly suggest a call to R. Grizzle at the appropriate time.
IWB also available.

Top Bottom