What's new

Sig Sauer P365. Maiden Voyage

Ad Astra

The Instigator
So what did you think about the 365 compared to the PM9 (I have a PM9 as well)?

Second one I've handled, gotta admit there's something to it.

The trigger pull/striker is so soft, I'm wondering if it really sets off primers ...

It's no (Beretta) M9. Tiny indeed.

I carry the Kahr more than I shoot it, but. It's still smaller. Especially in the AMMO department, where it carries half as few ...

Yet, let me play Devil's advocate. Kahr carries 6 and I, sometimes, "fearlessly" (editor's note: HA!) carry revolvers, even SP101 which only has five rounds. THEN, I usually have a No.4 Big Shot CCI shotshell in there ... dropping capacity to 4 rounds.

It's not a lot of ammo ... but is my life (usually) in danger? Not much.

Yet it is always "better to have and not need ..." especially with capacity. I carry speed strips / magazines ...

Yeah. I still want a P365.

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Second one I've handled, gotta admit there's something to it.

The trigger pull/striker is so soft, I'm wondering if it really sets off primers ...

It's no (Beretta) M9. Tiny indeed.

I carry the Kahr more than I shoot it, but. It's still smaller. Especially in the AMMO department, where it carries half as few ...

Yet, let me play Devil's advocate. Kahr carries 6 and I, sometimes, "fearlessly" (editor's note: HA!) carry revolvers, even SP101 which only has five rounds. THEN, I usually have a No.4 Big Shot CCI shotshell in there ... dropping capacity to 4 rounds.

It's not a lot of ammo ... but is my life (usually) in danger? Not much.

Yet it is always "better to have and not need ..." especially with capacity. I carry speed strips / magazines ...

Yeah. I still want a P365.

AA

You always manage to make me chuckle. :)

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I picked up some ammo that I haven't yet put through the pistol. In the next range session or two I'll be putting some Federal Syntech 124gr, Winchester NATO 124gr, Speer Gold Dot 124gr, and Fiocchi 124gr through it. I should make it to my pistol range in the next few days.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I picked up some ammo that I haven't yet put through the pistol. In the next range session or two I'll be putting some Federal Syntech 124gr, Winchester NATO 124gr, Speer Gold Dot 124gr, and Fiocchi 124gr through it. I should make it to my pistol range in the next few days.

Did you ever run any WWB through it after the break in period? Weren't you the one who had some problems in the past with WWB?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Did you ever run any WWB through it after the break in period? Weren't you the one who had some problems in the past with WWB?

I haven't ran any WWB through my P365 yet. The issues I was having with them were through my VP9. Also, those were 115gr. I now primarily practice with 124gr. I'm sure I'll try some WWB through it eventually though.

Guess I’m lucky. I have shot everything in the P365 from Wolf (nasty Russian stuff) to high end Speer and Hornady. Not even a burp. I know a hundred or so rounds of WWB were in that mix.

OkieStubble

I haven't ran any WWB through my P365 yet. The issues I was having with them were through my VP9. Also, those were 115gr. I now primarily practice with 124gr. I'm sure I'll try some WWB through it eventually though.

Smart decision. why practice with 115 gr. and carry 124 gr. People anymore, just seem to gravitate to the 124 over the 115. And even though, most everything I have read of the heavier 147 being better from really short barrels, I still seem to just naturally gravitate to the 124 gr. for carry and practice.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Smart decision. why practice with 115 gr. and carry 124 gr. People anymore, just seem to gravitate to the 124 over the 115. And even though, most everything I have read of the heavier 147 being better from really short barrels, I still seem to just naturally gravitate to the 124 gr. for carry and practice.

Truthfully, I seemed to handle the 115gr rounds better than 124gr when I was starting out. Now that I know how to manipulate a pistol better, it doesn't make much of a difference what the weight is. I'll figure it out in a few shots. Like you said though, it's better to train with the same weight that I carry.

OkieStubble

Truthfully, I seemed to handle the 115gr rounds better than 124gr when I was starting out. Now that I know how to manipulate a pistol better, it doesn't make much of a difference what the weight is. I'll figure it out in a few shots. Like you said though, it's better to train with the same weight that I carry.

Not that 115 and 147 doesn't have a defined purpose, I think the 124 gr 9mm is, a good all around, middle place of velocity and weight for the 9mm cartridge. I think I would like to see a 115 comparison to 124, At least for expansion and penetration.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Not that 115 and 147 doesn't have a defined purpose, I think the 124 gr 9mm is, a good all around, middle place of velocity and weight for the 9mm cartridge. I think I would like to see a 115 comparison to 124, At least for expansion and penetration.

I'd imagine that a lighter weight, faster traveling projectile would have a more severe initial impact, but wouldn't be as effective in penetration. I'm sure that there are YouTube videos about it.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

I guess these are in a white box too!

The other WWB that I used were from my local Meijer (superstore), were 115gr and had a "WIN" stamp on the back of the casing. These are 124gr and are stamped differently.

20190114_174908.jpg

20190114_174927.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The 124 grain, also known as "Luger food."

Though my P08 doesn't care what it eats...

9mm really is versatile.

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Yup, the NATO rounds have the circle with cross "NATO" symbol, crimped primers and are loaded to a higher pressure than the 115 gr. "value pack" target rounds that come in a loose packed 100 count to a WWB. I imagine the QC is a bit more consistent as well.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Yup, the NATO rounds have the circle with cross "NATO" symbol, crimped primers and are loaded to a higher pressure than the 115 gr. "value pack" target rounds that come in a loose packed 100 count to a WWB. I imagine the QC is a bit more consistent as well.

That's what I've heard as well. I might have to pick up a box of the "value" rounds for the heck of it. The only thing that bugs me is that they've gone up in price where I bought them before.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I would have hit the 2000 round mark today, but I was called in to work about 15-20 minutes after I got to the range. I managed to squeeze off 50 rounds of Federal American Eagle Syntech 124gr, and 50 rounds of Speer Lawman 124gr TMJ. I was in the groove for the 100 that I did, so I was disappointed that I had to cut the session short. I might try to get out there tomorrow.

Top Bottom