What's new

Sig Sauer P365. Maiden Voyage

Blah. Here's 50 rounds through my 681 at 125 yards, in an EF-4 tornado with 185 mph. winds, the rain blowing sideways, cows flying through the air, with my back to the target, shooting over my shoulder, using a mirror to sight with...blindfolded. :biggrin1:

View attachment 915275

Really though...it was at 7 yards, single action, from a rest consisting of a couple of towels placed on a step ladder that had the little "shelf" folded down.

That P365 looks nice. I've never handled one but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Did they spin you around and around a few times to get you dizzy first?????????????????

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Would anyone have any issue with making this the P365 fanboy thread? :001_smile

I've noticed that the pistol stays pretty darn clean. Only a few parts seem to need scrubbing after being fired. It's hardly warranted, but I like to keep my guns fresh and clean.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Would anyone have any issue with making this the P365 fanboy thread? :001_smile

I've noticed that the pistol stays pretty darn clean. Only a few parts seem to need scrubbing after being fired. It's hardly warranted, but I like to keep my guns fresh and clean.

I didn’t give my P365 it’s first bath until I already had 800 rounds down range. Have put another 400 thru it in the last month and have swabbed the barrel and lubricated the slide rails because I have been carrying it, but probably won’t clean it again for another 400 rounds or so.

The wife got me a leather OWB holster for it on my birthday and I picked up a IWB Kydex off of EBay, but I have been thinking about getting a sticky holster, for those quick, late night convenience store runs in my pajamas.

What carry gear have you got for your 365 so far Erik?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I didn’t give my P365 it’s first bath until I already had 800 rounds down range. Have put another 400 thru it in the last month and have swabbed the barrel and lubricated the slide rails because I have been carrying it, but probably won’t clean it again for another 400 rounds or so.

The wife got me a leather OWB holster for it on my birthday and I picked up a IWB Kydex off of EBay, but I have been thinking about getting a sticky holster, for those quick, late night convenience store runs in my pajamas.

What carry gear have you got for your 365 so far Erik?

Nice!

I'm still debating on what to get! I've just been tucking it inside my waistband. :w00t: I know that it's not the safest option, but it's what I've been doing for the time being.

Be wary of Sticky Holsters. They ain’t as “sticky” as the maker wants you to believe. For a pocket holster I guess they’re ok (for that matter you could use a sandwich size Zip Loc bag I suppose) but for using a Sticky as an IWB holster, nah. Tried one. No bueno.

OkieStubble

Be wary of Sticky Holsters. They ain’t as “sticky” as the maker wants you to believe. For a pocket holster I guess they’re ok (for that matter you could use a sandwich size Zip Loc bag I suppose) but for using a Sticky as an IWB holster, nah. Tried one. No bueno.

Lol'd. :) My wife uses a Remora sticky holster for her Glock 43, but it's not really "sticky" but it does seem to give good traction/friction. She only uses it in the warmer summer months when she is wearing a blouse and skirt for work attire. It works for her I think, because it's against her bare skin and the waistbands on her skirt are higher and tighter around her waist, so it really helps holding the gun and holster in place.

I have tried her gun and sticky holster out for myself, but I don't like a gun against my skin. I do agree with you, it doesn't seem to have as much "no-slip traction" when against a tucked t-shirt and sitting lower on my hip.

It definitely, does seem secure and works for my wife higher up on her waist and against bare skin.

Last edited:
D5F65932-3DA2-4565-8291-A627EEEA1920.jpeg

Try as I may though I just can’t warm up to IWB carry options; I still continue to try though. A Deputy buddy of mine swore this was the best thing ever. So, of course I bought one.
It is no fun looking for your firearm in the crotch of your pants. Trust me on that. Needless to say this is not the holster for me.

OkieStubble

View attachment 936626
Try as I may though I just can’t warm up to IWB carry options; I still continue to try though. A Deputy buddy of mine swore this was the best thing ever. So, of course I bought one.
It is no fun looking for your firearm in the crotch of your pants. Trust me on that. Needless to say this is not the holster for me.

Lol'd. You have to shake your hips first Acme, then let it slide down your pants leg and then just draw from your ankle.

:)

the Sig P365 shoots way bigger then it feels, and what I mean by that is the size of the gun, and how it shoots feels like a full framed gun.

There are some videos on youtube of hickcock45 sending it downrange at 55 plus yards, also Colion Noir did a really good video review of it as well.

I work part time at a gun shop, and for the longest time, the number one selling carry gun was the glock 42 and 43 and then the smith and wesson, however this new sig is a total game change and it's stack and a half capacity and design will no doubt be copied and or improved on. I carry a Glock 42 everyday and have modified the mags to carry plus two and then one in the chamber obviously, so adding 3 more to me is not warranted enough to justify the purchase, but we will see. The more I hold one and the more I see them sell, the more I'm considering making the move. I need lightweight, and extreme conceal ability when roaming around in corporate america and the cube farms. I have found that OWB carry for my 42 and then IWB carry for my glock 19 is the way to go for when I'm not working.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
the Sig P365 shoots way bigger then it feels, and what I mean by that is the size of the gun, and how it shoots feels like a full framed gun.

I feel this way as well. I've messed with 115gr and 124gr ball ammo in it and nothing has felt particularly snappy to me. My VP9sk feels huge (but still comfortable) to me now, but the P365 still has enough presence that I can throw a few hundred rounds downrange and not get tired of shooting it.

After shooting my 9 mm shield last week, I am still flabbergasted as to how Sig fits so many rounds into a smaller pistol. My 6 round Shield already doesn't waste any space.

OkieStubble

I feel this way as well. I've messed with 115gr and 124gr ball ammo in it and nothing has felt particularly snappy to me. My VP9sk feels huge (but still comfortable) to me now, but the P365 still has enough presence that I can throw a few hundred rounds downrange and not get tired of shooting it.

The P365 has made such an impression with the CCW crowd, Rumor has it, Glock is coming out with a G43X unveiling at next year's Shot Show. It will be sporting a 10 round magazine.

Brand competition sure is great for us shooters. :)

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Merry Christmas! That's a good man right there! So, how does the P365 feel in that small, left hand of yours?

Actually, pretty darn good. In fact I've been debating, since I've never really used a hand gun, trying to learn to fire it with my right hand. Right now, just dry firing it, my mind and hands aren't arguing with me. I don't have any muscle memory about anything yet.

Since I think you said you've taught, what are your thoughts about it?
Would learning right handed (nondominant hand) be a problem if I move up to a bigger gun?

Top Bottom