What's new

Sig Sauer P320 XCompact

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Finally got to put 400 rounds thru the new Sig X Carry. 17 round magazine, two tone slide and frame milled for a red dot and front slide cut out for ported barrel. Loved the flat trigger! Very little take up with no resistance, shortest and lightest wall I have ever experienced on a striker fired pistol. Creep was very nominal and short before reset and reset and break was light and crisp.

I LIKE IT! :)

View attachment 976686

View attachment 976687

I never noticed the slide cut out on the X Carry until now. As Connie mentioned, is it yours?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
That one yours? :001_smile

I never noticed the slide cut out on the X Carry until now. As Connie mentioned, is it yours?

No, it's not mine. :) They call the cut out a "lightning cut"? I think Sig's intention was to just make it an overall lighter pistol, but if it was mine, I think I would get a couple of ports put into the top of the barrel. Getting to try that flat trigger, makes me want one in my 365 really bad. :)

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Getting to try that flat trigger, makes me want one in my 365 really bad. :)

Boom!

Screenshot_20190518-170201_Samsung Internet.jpg

Although I like modularity as a concept of modifying a given weapon, for me, having three pistols with one "fire control group" has little appeal to me. I like to be able to change calibers or barrel length, but to "over use" a single trigger group makes less sense. While I dislike having to go through the process of filling out a 4473 for each weapon I purchase, it is not a big deal in my state and goes through very easily in most cases. Now some thing like a registered drop in auto sear makes more sense.
I don't like one infringement any better than the next.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

Impressions so far:

The Xcompacts ergonomics definitely feel better in the hand then the original P320 compact. The tang or beaver tail on the grip is a bit longer.

It still has Sigs famous bore axis which sits too high and forward for my tastes but the height seems to be somewhat lower then the original 320 and other earlier models of Sig like the 226 and others.

The end of the grip sits perfectly flush at the end of my hand which allows the magazine to fall free on a reload that wasn’t possible with the 365. The magazine release angle is also better than the 365’s. The 365 release seems angled more forward at a 45 degree angle where as the xcompact’s is a normal 90 degrees straight out to the side like it should be. Pressing the magazine release was very natural and intuitive.

It has the same X-Ray sights as the 365, but they are a bit larger for the bigger Xcompact and stand out very nicely. The MOS feature is a great upgrade for the Xcompact with no xtra cost to the owner.

While it’s generally the same size in height, length and width as my Glock 19, my first impression of it as a carry pistol is it seems to have a lot of sharp edges and external bumps compared to the smooth profile of Glocks. The slide release on the Xcompact while ambidextrous, also seems to be wider and sticks out further away from the frame of the pistol even more so than the original 320. This adds about an 1/8 of an inch in concealment width to both sides of the gun. That’s a quarter of an inch more in width that is absolutely unnecessary in my opinion.

As for just an overall first impression of the Xcompact alone, it seems solid and well balanced in the hand and the flat trigger has a very nice break and reset.

But when comparing it against the Glock 19 without firing it; and just eye test? It’s my perception and opinion that it won’t carry concealed nowhere near as easily or comfortably as my Glock 19.

In all honesty after comparing the X Compact, the p365, the 43x and 48x I'm considering acquiring a Glock 19 or two myself, plus one of the Keltec Sub2000s that uses Glock mags as bugout bag filler. The gen5 being less fussy about cast bullets with it's conventional rifling is almost enough to sway me.

OkieStubble

In all honesty after comparing the X Compact, the p365, the 43x and 48x I'm considering acquiring a Glock 19 or two myself, plus one of the Keltec Sub2000s that uses Glock mags as bugout bag filler. The gen5 being less fussy about cast bullets with it's conventional rifling is almost enough to sway me.

This makes very sound reasoning. I think the Gen5 barrels are a tad bit more accurate also.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Impressions so far:

The Xcompacts ergonomics definitely feel better in the hand then the original P320 compact. The tang or beaver tail on the grip is a bit longer.

It still has Sigs famous bore axis which sits too high and forward for my tastes but the height seems to be somewhat lower then the original 320 and other earlier models of Sig like the 226 and others.

The end of the grip sits perfectly flush at the end of my hand which allows the magazine to fall free on a reload that wasn’t possible with the 365. The magazine release angle is also better than the 365’s. The 365 release seems angled more forward at a 45 degree angle where as the xcompact’s is a normal 90 degrees straight out to the side like it should be. Pressing the magazine release was very natural and intuitive.

It has the same X-Ray sights as the 365, but they are a bit larger for the bigger Xcompact and stand out very nicely. The MOS feature is a great upgrade for the Xcompact with no xtra cost to the owner.

While it’s generally the same size in height, length and width as my Glock 19, my first impression of it as a carry pistol is it seems to have a lot of sharp edges and external bumps compared to the smooth profile of Glocks. The slide release on the Xcompact while ambidextrous, also seems to be wider and sticks out further away from the frame of the pistol even more so than the original 320. This adds about an 1/8 of an inch in concealment width to both sides of the gun. That’s a quarter of an inch more in width that is absolutely unnecessary in my opinion.

As for just an overall first impression of the Xcompact alone, it seems solid and well balanced in the hand and the flat trigger has a very nice break and reset.

But when comparing it against the Glock 19 without firing it; and just eye test? It’s my perception and opinion that it won’t carry concealed nowhere near as easily or comfortably as my Glock 19.

Interesting initial impressions. I can't remember if you've mentioned it before, but do you plan on carrying it, or are you just going to use it as a plinker?

OkieStubble

I plan on putting it up head to head against my G19 to compete to be my "go to workhorse pistol." Winner gets carried, loser gets sold or traded. I'm not against owning a bunch of guns, or even collecting a special few that has historic or sentimental value. But the firearms that fit that criteria, isn't modern working class, polymer framed striker fired pistols of the exact same genre.

I would always cherish owning a M1 Carbine, a classic 1911, my .357 Revolver a Browning High Power ect, ect. But there will always only be, one special modern plastic pistol that I will allow myself to be totally attached to for intimate carry and the possible purpose of a life & death relationship.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
What's the big draw to the MOS vs a plain one?

Modular Optic System? Has a plate in front of the standard rear sight that can be removed to low mount an RDS.
So @OkieStubble , have you seen a Gen 5 MOS offered yet? I haven't.
Sorry @RandyC , didn't scroll up to see your reply before I posted. D'oh!

OkieStubble

We have a young officer who carries a Gen5 17 MOS with a Trijicon RMR up top. He’s let me shoot it a few times.

While he scores well with it, I don’t prefer it over regular open irons. However my aging eyes are dictating for me to attempt adapting to an RDS.

See @simon1 old dogs can learn new tricks if they have an open mind. :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
We have a young officer who carries a Gen5 17 MOS with a Trijicon RMR up top. He’s let me shoot it a few times.

While he scores well with it, I don’t prefer it over regular open irons. However my aging eyes are dictating for me to attempt adapting to an RDS.

See @simon1 old dogs can learn new tricks if they have an open mind. :)

A lot of people say my mind is like a steel trap...all rusted and frozen shut. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom