What's new

Sig Sauer P320 XCompact

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I'm Intrigued with what I've been seeing and hearing about the Sig P320 XCompact that Sig was showing off at this years SHOT Show. I'm really looking forward to trying to check it out in hand when it goes on sell in April.

Does anyone here have any experience with the P320 family and the old P320 Compact or X-Carry in particular? What say you?
proxy.php

I have a full sized p320 and like it.

Having shot my dad's, the p365 will be my next purchase as a concealed carry weapon.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm Intrigued with what I've been seeing and hearing about the Sig P320 XCompact that Sig was showing off at this years SHOT Show. I'm really looking forward to trying to check it out in hand when it goes on sell in April.

Does anyone here have any experience with the P320 family and the old P320 Compact or X-Carry in particular? What say you?
proxy.php

I've never even shot a Sig, so I have nothing constructive to contribute. At about 25 oz. it should be okay for carry. Sigs are excellent quality.

The hammer is broken.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Connie may need to get one of these.

proxy.php

Last edited:

Intrigued

I have no experience with the Sig P320, but it does look like a nice gun.

What are looking to use it for, Connie?

My current thought is just for a range gun. Since we already have the Sig P365 and I don't have plans to conceal carry any time soon, if ever. The P320 XCompact is only slightly larger than the P365, about the same size of a Glock 19. I liked that the P320s are modular and can be changed up pretty easily.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My current thought is just for a range gun. Since we already have the Sig P365 and I don't have plans to conceal carry any time soon, if ever. The P320 XCompact is only slightly larger than the P365, about the same size of a Glock 19. I liked that the P320s are modular and can be changed up pretty easily.

I have shot the Sig P320 and the P320 compact, multiple times. I did not like the centrical circumference and palm swell of the grip, nor do I like the high and forward center axis of it's barrel and slide.

However, the P320 XCompact you have in your OP, looks almost, like a completely different animal to me when comparing to the original P320. It appears the designers at Sig Sauer, have taken the positive things they have heard from the shooting community of what we like about the P365; and have incorporated those positive things into the design of the P320X.

The pic in your OP, looks like the center thickness and swell in the grip of the original P320 has been replaced with the same style of ergonomics of the P365. Even the height of the slide, appears to be much lower then the original. It really does look just like a bit larger P365. I really like the looks of it!

It appears to have the same X-Ray night sights, plus the added removable plate in the rear of the slide to attach a red dot. Not bad at all.

I have shot the Sig P320 and the P320 compact, multiple times. I did not like the centrical circumference and palm swell of the grip, nor do I like the high and forward center axis of it's barrel and slide.

However, the P320 XCompact you have in your OP, looks almost, like a completely different animal to me when comparing to the original P320. It appears the designers at Sig Sauer, have taken the positive things they have heard from the shooting community of what we like about the P365; and have incorporated those positive things into the design of the P320X.

The pic in your OP, looks like the center thickness and swell in the grip of the original P320 has been replaced with the same style of ergonomics of the P365. Even the height of the slide, appears to be much lower then the original. It really does look just like a bit larger P365. I really like the looks of it!

It appears to have the same X-Ray night sights, plus the added removable plate in the rear of the slide to attach a red dot. Not bad at all.
Do you know what size grip you were using? Most ship with the medium size, I think. They sell a large and a small as well, part of the beauty of the modular design being that you can change grip frames at will. I bought a carry size grip frame for my full size and a 15 round magazine just to have the option. Haven't bought a compact and won't because of the 365.

Theoretically if this new one is in three 320 family you should be able to buy just the grip frame. It'll probably take a bit for production to catch up with demand.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Do you know what size grip you were using? Most ship with the medium size, I think. They sell a large and a small as well, part of the beauty of the modular design being that you can change grip frames at will. I bought a carry size grip frame for my full size and a 15 round magazine just to have the option. Haven't bought a compact and won't because of the 365.

Theoretically if this new one is in three 320 family you should be able to buy just the grip frame. It'll probably take a bit for production to catch up with demand.

Yeah, I have smaller hands and feet for a guy my size. I think it was a medium frame on the full size 320 and the smaller frame on the compact. I don't think it was the frame size I didn't like, I think it was more just something about the ergonomics and feel. But the OP's pic of the P320X is something I think I will like, just by looking at it.

When gun guys get around our ages Randy, we kinda just know by looking at it don't we? :)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Yeah, I have smaller hands and feet for a guy my size. I think it was a medium frame on the full size 320 and the smaller frame on the compact. I don't think it was the frame size I didn't like, I think it was more just something about the ergonomics and feel. But the OP's pic of the P320X is something I think I will like, just by looking at it.

When gun guys get around our ages Randy, we kinda just know by looking at it don't we? :)
When we can actually see it.

Intrigued

Thanks Rob, Eric, Mike, & Randy for your input and feedback. Rob, I especially appreciated your insights based on your experience with the previous P320s. That redesigned grip does look like something even my small hands would find user friendly.

Might be a silly question but what is modular about it? What can you change?

Intrigued

Might be a silly question but what is modular about it? What can you change?

This is a Sig 320 Compact (not the XCompact) but if you start watching at 8:40 you'll see him take it apart and turn his 9mm into a 40 caliber 320 Compact.

Top Bottom